Got Error below when running `validateGENIE.py` ``` python sage_processing/validateGENIE.py -h Traceback (most recent call last): File "sage_processing/validateGENIE.py", line 15, in import processing_functions as process File "/Users/zhuy/Documents/chopwork/git/genie-chop/bin/Genie/sage_processing/processing_functions.py", line 22, in syn = synapseclient.login(silent=True) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/synapseclient/client.py", line 155, in login syn.login(*args, **kwargs) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/synapseclient/client.py", line 379, in login raise SynapseNoCredentialsError("No credentials provided.") synapseclient.exceptions.SynapseNoCredentialsError: No credentials provided. ``` Checked `synapseclient/client.py`, maybe caused by missing `~/.synapseConfig `? [synapseclient/client.py#L103](https://github.com/Sage-Bionetworks/synapsePythonClient/blob/dd44daedc8b8b8458f9c0476b37e6fffe32d897f/synapseclient/client.py#L103), file not exist, not sure how to deal with that.

Created by Yuankun Zhu zhuy
Dear all, Apologies for the delay in response. I have fixed the issue. Please pull down the most recent version of the validator from here: https://github.com/Sage-Bionetworks/Genie/blob/master/sage_processing/validateGENIE.py Best, Tom
Think I figured out. Probably should remind people not to skip the synapse login step. So after [login](http://docs.synapse.org/articles/getting_started.html#logging-into-synapse), it seems working now. ```bash $ synapse login -u $SYNAPSE_USERNAME -p $SYNAPSE_PASSWORD --rememberMe Welcome, zhuy! Logged in as: zhuy (3324011) $ python sage_processing/validateGENIE.py -h [####################]100.00% 1/1 Done... Downloading [####################]100.00% 780.0bytes/780.0bytes (203.6kB/s) Job-45599271862978411271755186.csv Done... usage: validateGENIE.py [-h] [--thread THREAD] [--offline] [--uploadToSynapse UPLOADTOSYNAPSE] {maf,clinical,fusions,cnv,vcf,seg,bed,cbs} file [file ...] {JHU,DFCI,GRCC,NKI,MSK,UHN,VICC,MDA,WAKE,YALE,UCSF,VHIO,UCHI,TJU,SWED,NWCC,Northwell,MSCC,IUCC,CORN,CRUK,COLU,CHOP,BCGSC,BordeauxUniCancer,StJude,JEFF,UBCC,VHIO} Validate GENIE files positional arguments: {maf,clinical,fusions,cnv,vcf,seg,bed,cbs} Filetypes that you are validating. file File(s) that you are validating. If you validation your clinical files and you have both sample and patient files, you must provide both {JHU,DFCI,GRCC,NKI,MSK,UHN,VICC,MDA,WAKE,YALE,UCSF,VHIO,UCHI,TJU,SWED,NWCC,Northwell,MSCC,IUCC,CORN,CRUK,COLU,CHOP,BCGSC,BordeauxUniCancer,StJude,JEFF,UBCC,VHIO} Contributing Center optional arguments: -h, --help show this help message and exit --thread THREAD Number of threads used in validation symbols --offline No validation of filenames --uploadToSynapse UPLOADTOSYNAPSE Will upload the file to the synapse directory of users choice ```
I have this same error when run under python 3. I did try python 2, but the script needs request module which is python 3 only. My question is why credentials are needed for -h ?

`SynapseNoCredentialsError` when run validator script `validateGENIE.py` page is loading…