Hello, When you view the tables online (e.g. the Motion Tracker table), the column that contains the CSV file reference (e.g. data.csv) contains a GUID code that matches the name of the downloaded CSV file. However, when you try to access the same table programmatically or export it via the website, the CSV file reference column (e.g. data.csv) contains a seemingly random number. Example, instead of "data.csv-561b40b8-5c12-4dxx-8da5-8607e0f868d2250xxxx81858489879.tmp" (the x's are used for privacy purposes), the downloaded table contains a number, such as 2320538. How are we supposed to match the table's reference to the correct CSV file if the reference and the filename do not march? Is there something I'm missing? Thank you in advance for your help.

Created by Sofia Yfantidou s.yfantidou
I've just realized that the function `downloadTableColumns()` actually returns a mapping dictionary between the filehandle and the local file path. So, a piece of code like the one below would do the trick of mapping (stores the dictionary to file): ``` query_results = syn.tableQuery("select * from " + synapse_ID) file_map = syn.downloadTableColumns(query_results, column_name) json = json.dumps(file_map) f = open("dict.json", "w") f.write(json) f.close() ``` where `synapse_ID` is a variable containing the Synapse ID of the table and `column_name` is a variable containing the column with the filehandle.
Hey @BrianMBot , thanks for your quick reply. I've managed to retrieve the files in bulk. However, once they are retrieved, is there a way to "connect" them again to the original table file, through the filehandle id in the table? For instance, for a single table record, can we pass the filehandle id through a function that returns the filename as a result?
The number is a filehandle id that can be used to access the associated file. Here is an example (in R, similar command is available in python) of code that can be used to retrieve the associated files in bulk: https://r-docs.synapse.org/articles/tables.html#table-attached-files

Mismatch between CSV column online vs. downloaded page is loading…