Hi, does anyone else have a problem with their username / login when it is time to submit? I had the same problem for module 0. I know the password is correct because it works when I type it in to change the password from the shell. Here's the error message: Error in value[[3L]](cond) : Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/local/lib/R/site-library/synapser/lib/python3.5/site-packages/synapseclient-1.8.1-py3.5.egg/synapseclient/client.py", line 415, in _getSessionToken headers=self.default_headers) File "/usr/local/lib/R/site-library/synapser/lib/python3.5/site-packages/synapseclient-1.8.1-py3.5.egg/synapseclient/client.py", line 3490, in restPOST exceptions._raise_for_status(response, verbose=self.debug) File "/usr/local/lib/R/site-library/synapser/lib/python3.5/site-packages/synapseclient-1.8.1-py3.5.egg/synapseclient/exceptions.py", line 140, in _raise_for_status raise SynapseHTTPError(message, response=response) synapseclient.exceptions . SynapseHTTPError : 401 Client Error: Unauthorized The provided username/password combination is incorrect During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/local/lib/R/site-library/synapser/python/gateway.py", line 44 Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Created by Ryland Mortlock rylandmortlock
Yes, that was it. Thank you for the help!
Haha sigh... Really need to do something about those error messages. :) Thanks for your patience. Looking at the [**2018 mini-DREAM Participants**](https://www.synapse.org/#!Team:3373496) team, I'm not seeing you on the list. Double check [**this page**](https://www.synapse.org/#!Synapse:syn12105406/wiki/527905) and see if you can sign up. Once you have, the big purple button should say "You have successfully signed up for the Challenge." Let me know if that fixes the problem! -James
Thank you James! Of course, I was using my Rstudio environment username/password not my synapse. Using the correct username and passowrd fixed the issue. But low and behold, another error! This time when running the last line of code. submission <- submit_module_answers(module = 1) Error in value[[3L]](cond) : ################################################## Uploading file to Synapse storage ################################################## Uploading [####################]100.00% 793.0bytes/793.0bytes rmortlock_activity-1.yml Done... Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/local/lib/R/site-library/synapser/python/gateway.py", line 44, in invoke return annotationsModifier(generatorModifier(stdouterrCapture(lambda: method_to_call(*args[2:], **kwargs), abbreviateStackTrace=True))) File "/usr/local/lib/R/site-library/PythonEmbedInR/python/stdouterrCapture.py", line 6, in stdouterrCapture return function() File "/usr/local/lib/R/site-library/synapser/python/gateway.py", line 44, in return annotationsModifier(generatorModifier(stdouterrCapture(lambda: method_to_call(*args[2:], **kwargs), abbreviateStackTrace=True))) File "/usr/local/lib/R/site-library/synapser/lib/python3.5/site-packages/synapseclient-1.8.1-py3.5.egg/synapseclient
Hi @rylandmortlock, Thanks for posting this issue ? I think it's been the single most common problem that students have run into so far. :) While it's not exactly obvious from the error message, you're correct that there's an issue with your username/password. If you find the command that looks like this (around line 105), you?ll want to make sure to replace the text within the single quotes with your _**Synapse username and password**_ (not the username/password that was assigned to you for RStudio). ```r synLogin('my_synapse_username', 'my_synapse_password', rememberMe = TRUE, silent = TRUE) ``` Here?s a screenshot of my Module 0 notebook to illustrate: ${imageLink?synapseId=syn12532899&align=None&scale=50&responsive=true&altText=} You'll also want to make sure you've completed all the steps from the checklist we sent out for mini-DREAM participation. In particular, these are the two steps that folks are most likely to have missed: + Become a certified Synapse user + Sign up for the 2018 mini-DREAM Challenge   You can find instructions for both on the [**mini-DREAM Signup**](https://www.synapse.org/#!Synapse:syn12105406/wiki/527905) page. Let me know if you're still having trouble, and I'll be happy to help troubleshoot!

Problem with username / login during submission page is loading…