Hi, I am unable to download the sample data files for analyzing model performance. Running python shows an error as "No download permission ". Can you please sort it out soon?

Created by Medha Pandey medhapandey
Hi @medhapandey , I am a Project administrator (I work for Sage Bionetworks, the creator and maintainer of Synapse) so I had access to the files. Your access should be fixed now. To be clear, as described in the Folder Wiki pages, there is no data in these folders, only descriptions and metadata. You should now be able to use the Synapse client to download these - you can also test by navigating in a web broswer directly to one of the files and looking for a blue 'Download' button. Please read the Folder Wikis for information on how to download the data itself. There are some governance restrictions that you need to provide identification prior to download at the links provided. I'm mentioning @vishak.subramoney here for any other clarifications around data access. Let me know if you need further assistance.
@kdaily did you face any issue while downloading? I mean is it working well?
File "/home/medha/anaconda2/lib/python2.7/site-packages/synapseclient/exceptions.py", line 140, in _raise_for_status raise SynapseHTTPError(message, response=response) synapseclient.exceptions.SynapseHTTPError: 401 Client Error: Unauthorized {"reason":"Timestamp in request, 2018-08-13T19:14:42.000Z, is out of date"} now this is the error and from terminal : raise SynapseHTTPError(message, response=response) synapseclient.exceptions.SynapseHTTPError: 401 Client Error: Unauthorized {"reason":"Timestamp in request, 2018-08-13T19:04:09.000Z, is out of date"} Tried with another machine. Still the same error. "Permission denied"
Thanks for the information. I am checking with the coordinators regarding the sharing settings and will get back to you as soon as I hear back! --Also, looks like you have uncovered a bug, you should not receive that warning message, as you are using it correctly (the ID you provided *is* a container). I will check into that as well.-- edit: Could you confirm that that the warning message you received happened when running the line you wrote above? ``` files = synapseutils.syncFromSynapse(syn, 'syn12173072') ```
The synapse id syn12212101 is not a container (Project/Folder), attempting to get the entity anyways[WARNING] !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WARNING: You have READ permission on this file entity but not DOWNLOAD permission. The file has NOT been downloaded. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I tried using this method as well as terminal. All dependencies I have installed but the last line ("Highlighted") is not working. import synapseclient import synapseutils syn = synapseclient.Synapse() syn.login('synapse_username','password') ************files = synapseutils.syncFromSynapse(syn, 'syn12173072')******* Thanks
Hello @medhapandey , Could you give me some more information on what you are trying to download? The Synapse ID, which looks like `syn12345`, would be useful. Thanks!

Issue while downloading the existing sample data page is loading…