What is the meaning of the following standard relation symbols: \~, ~~ ? Can we consider them to mean approximately equal? I could not see them defined in DTC's web site. I also noticed that there are many samples with Kd > 10000. There are also values like Kd = 760000 but these are rare. I don't know if it makes sense to take Kd >10000 cases as Kd = 10000 (i.e. to mean negative samples) or it is better to discard them. Alternatively maybe we can also saturate values greater than 10000 and make them equal to 10000. Please let us know which option is the best. Thanks.

Created by Zafer Aydin zaferaydin
Hi Zafer, Sorry that we have failed to define this symbol in the current DTC glossary section. But yes, it is safe to consider the symbols ~ as ?approximately equal to?. In cases with Kd > 10000, the drug-target pairs were tested under a specific assay format and were found to be inactive (Please ref to [22037378](https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22037378)), where such a representation was established. Assuming Kd >10000 as Kd =10000, such a replacement is valid if the specific standard_relations (=, >, <, >= and =<) are not considered in your developed model and your only using ?=? for every drug-target interactions. In case of setting an upper limit of 10000 to all the pairs with >10000, it is up to the participating teaming to ascertained their own activity threshold that they deem suitable, nevertheless, it is safe to claim that pairs with values (>10000) are inactive. Hope these suggestions were helpful. Please let us know if you have any remarks.

standard_relation symbols and Kd > 10000 cases page is loading…