I see that RNA-seq assays have not been included. That's a shame. I was hoping to to try look at predicting expression from chromatin modifications. Oh well. Not for the challenge, but I'm wondering if there are RNA-seq datasets available in a convenient format which I might try to do this with, i.e. I guess from the same samples as were used to generate the Challenge data?

Created by Dave Curtis DaveCurtis
Great, thanks. No, I see now that this challenge is not about RNA-seq. I think when I saw the original description of the challenge I thought this would be included. Thanks for those resources - I'll look into them.
Hi Dave, I believe that is not the goal of this challenge... however in ENCODE you have multiple expression data in multiple formats and multiple experiment types, like: - shRNA RNA-seq - polyA RNA-seq - total RNA-seq - small RNA-seq - RNA microarray - RAMPAGE - microRNA-seq - microRNA counts - CAGE - CRISPRi RNA-seq - siRNA RNA-seq - CRISPR RNA-seq - polyA depleted RNA-seq - RNA-PET - single cell RNA-seq Some references that might be interesting: - Karli? et al. Histone modification levels are predictive for gene expression. doi.org/10.1073/pnas.0909344107 - Singh et al. DeepChrome: deep-learning for predicting gene expression from histone modifications. doi.org/10.1093/bioinformatics/btw427 - Wang et al. Modeling cis-regulation with a compendium of genome-wide histone H3K27ac profiles. doi.org/10.1101/gr.201574.115 - Zhu et al. Modeling exon expression using histone modifications. doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0067448

No RNA-seq data? page is loading…