This is slightly outside the scope of this specific challenge. I'm thinking perhaps the creation of some software that combines automation with human decision making could provide much more accurate annotations whilst also being time efficient. I have whipped up a rough prototype user interface and shared a video of me using it if it is of any interest to anyone. ${preview?entityId=syn22006141}

Created by Gamblore
No problem
Looks good. Thanks Nick!
Hi all I have now shared the file with the challenge participants group. Regards Nick
Hi @Gamblore , Thank you for sharing the video! Other participants, like @tconfrey, would like to view the video as well, so if you can, please update the sharing settings so that it is viewable by `MetadataAutomationChallengeParticipants`. Thank you! Verena
Hi Tony ( @tconfrey ) I'll check with the Sage team, I don't how to change the permissions in the forum. Regards, Gilberto
Hi @Gamblore , @fragosog It seems that other participants don't have permissions to see the shared video. My team is also interested in combined algorithm/UI approaches. Can you update the permissions or add a direct link to the video? Thanks! Tony
Will do! Regards Nick
Hi @Gamblore , Thanks for the suggestion. We agree! As you imply, in this challenge we are more interested in algorithms to facilitate reuse of existing metadata. But it is likely that in a production setting we'd have a review/accept option, at least initially, among other options. Thanks for sharing the video. Hang on to that GUI! Regards, Gilberto

Potential for the best of both worlds page is loading…