The agenda is [Friday night, Saturday all day and Sunday to 6PM](https://sv.ai/neurofibromatosis-logistics). The SV.AI site lists [3 tracks](https://sv.ai/neurofibromatosis-data-details): * **Imaging.** Do we have images yet? My team-mate asked and there was some delay? * **Preclinical drug modeling** * **Genomics: gene expression and mutation** Having gone through the notebooks, I can't tell the difference between the computational search methods involved in preclinical drug modeling and gene expression and mutation. I don't understand what we would be doing differently in one case or the other. We identify mutations of the gene. Mutations of the gene enable tumor formation. The tumor formation may have different targets or signalling pathways depending on the gene mutation site. Having modelled that, we look for chemicals to fit those targets or alter the signalling chain in some way. It seems like two sides of the same coin. Can you differentiate the desired work product of the two tracks more clearly? I'm also undecided on teaming. I'm coming with a colleague. We have complementary skills. We are both introverts. We can probably keep each other busy. But we're not real industrial polypharmacists. We're computer guys. So maybe there is some benefit to teaming. There seem to be a lot of un-teamed people so far. So then the question is, based on what happened in the first NF Hackathon: * Is there a pitch session? Do teams give pitches for needed team-mates? * Will people show up mostly teamed? * Will there be a lot of unteamed people? * Will they be looking to team, do their own thing, or just hang out? * Given there are Tracks, will there be Sessions for the Tracks and Session Leaders? * What level of organization/leadership/structure is Synapse or SV.AI going to provide during the weekend? * Or it will be two days in a room and then some presentations? * If presentations are at the end, how close are they to Sunday night? (I've got a plane to catch home in the evening.)

Created by Lars Ericson lars.ericson
e.g. there was just a post on Slack: @ here - I was a bit late signing up, but I'm looking for a team to join! About me: former NLP Engineer on the Siri Team at Apple, now working as a Data Scientist in Healthcare. Interested in deep learning! Are there any teams out there looking for a data scientist?
Hi Lars, Re imaging: yes, we had some hiccups to deal with, imaging data is now released - I am planning on announcing today. However, you can get it now here: https://www.synapse.org/#!Synapse:syn18666641/wiki/594208 The tracks are just suggested starting points. You are welcome and encouraged to have a project that integrates multiple datatypes! While some teams have started to form, I anticipate that most will nucleate Friday. Please feel free to reach out to others via this board and the Slack channel if you'd like to recruit people. I would suggest using slack for this if you want to get someone before the first day. There is no pitch session. People will show up mostly unteamed (i expect). Some people have registered to participate as a team already but haven't logged these teams on synapse. Others have registered with the intention of joining a team at the event. There are also folks who will participate solo based on the registration list. No specific sessions for tracks, but we've assigned Mentors to each track who will be there in person or available on slack remotely. This is just to give you guidance for who to ask what sorts of questions to. In terms of organization, Friday will include introductory talks to help set the stage for the problem and the data. Teams will form after this session in the evening and develop projects, and initiate a github repo that will summarize the project (forking this: https://github.com/allaway/GoodDocData/blob/master/README.md - you can also use your project Synapse wiki for this, but I think many people will prefer to use github). Saturday all day and Sunday morning will be work time, followed by presentations from 3-6 PM, with presentations needing to be uploaded to your Github repo by 3pm so that remote and local mentors can begin scoring.

Agenda, teaming, tracks page is loading…