Hi all, I've read the challenge design and labelling instructions documents, but I'd just like to confirm that I've understood the labels in the instrument_instances.png files correctly: As I understand it, the background is labelled "0" and instruments instances are labelled "1", "2", .... The numbers used to label instruments in a particular frame are not in any way related to the type of instrument being labelled, and if there are more than one instance of the same instrument, the instruments are labelled with different numbers. So, for example, if a frame shows two overholts and a specimen bag, these instruments would be labelled "1", "2", and "3". In another frame the same instruments may be given different numbers. Is this interpretation correct? Best,

Created by Michael Stenzel mstenzel
Dear ZhenliangNi, as described above, we will use the Hungarian algorithm to assign participants? instrument instances to reference instances in the evaluation. You don't have to assign a specific label to a specific instrument type. Kind regards, the ROBUST-MIS organizers
Hi? I do not understand the labels. if in another frame the same instruments may be given different numbers,how can we determine the final number of each label?
Dear mstenzel, exactly, your interpretation is correct. Instruments in the upper left corner will be labelled "1", followed by the remaining instruments, independent of the instrument type. In the evaluation, the Hungarian algorithm is used to assign participants? instrument instances to reference instances. Kind regards, the ROBUST-MIS organizers PS: Don't forget to send us the signed EndoVis Rules to get access to the data.

Labels of multiple instances page is loading…