Why are there 2 scores in the leaderboard? SC1/2 and Jointwise ,How are they different ? I mean what i want to understand here is , what is the source of difference between joint_weighted_sum_rmse and total_weighted_sum_error. Thanks Also any suggestions on how to optimise joint-wise score?

Created by dcentmakeover
@arielis Thanks a lot for your comments.
@dcentmakeover That would mean that you give good overall scores but less good individual joint scores. The weighting is unclear to me either, but assuming the weighting is the same in both, then you should improve the individual joint scores
@arielis i have a low total_weighted_sum_error but my joint_weighted_sum_rmse is high, why could that be? @allawayr how would you suggest me to optimise joint-wise score? Also i am not exactly clear by the difference between overall erosion/narrowing and joint weighted ,what does that mean, is it like some joints have more weights like the ulna joint maybe?am i correct?
Thanks, @arielis! This is correct. In the leaderboard, the score labeled (assessment) - that is - the joint_weighted_sum_rmse - is the score we are ranking on. @dcentmakeover - let me know if you have any further questions about this.
For what I understand, the joint_weighted_sum_rmse in SC2 and SC3 is based on a weighted RMSE calculated on the individual joint scores, and it is this value that determines the final ranking The total_weighted_sum_error is a weighted RMSE that include, in addition to the individual joint scores, the Overall_narrowing (for SC2) and Overall_erosion (for SC3). Since the ranking is determined by joint_weighted_sum_rmse, having accurate overall_narrowing and overall_erosion scores is a nice to have, but would not affect the ranking.

Difference between Jointwise and Total scores page is loading…