Dear Solly Hope you are doing well. I'm here with another problem. I'm downloading the dataset programmatically using python. The first thing there is showing massage in which (328 files downloading, 0 cashed locally ) and my system is on for 3 hours and nothing download. my question is can we have to set local directory path?. the second thing is while downloading levodopa data i select their pragmatical download option while I run the script it gives this error "ValueError: The provided id: syn20681036 is neither a container nor a File". one more thing is how much size sensor part I, part II, and Leoadopa dataset have. thank you Have a nice day.

Created by Syed Muhammad Zaid zaid_icp.1
Hi @zaid_icp.1 , > The first thing there is showing massage in which (328 files downloading, 0 cashed locally ) and my system is on for 3 hours and nothing download. my question is can we have to set local directory path?. Why do you say nothing has downloaded? Do you not see any progress bar output like this? ``` In [2]: syn.downloadTableColumns(q, "rawData") Downloading 13021 files, 0 cached locally [####################]100.00% 1/1 Done... Downloading [##------------------]8.59% 88.0MB/1.0GB (803.9kB/s) table_file_download.zip.synapse_download_82459116 ``` Sensor data part 1 is approximately 75 GB in size, which could plausibly take more than 3 hours to download with the `syn.downloadTableColums` method. There's another reason your download speed could be so slow, that has nothing to do with your actual internet speed: the `syn.downloadTableColums` method was designed to download many small (< 1 MB) files. It's not as effective with large (100s of MB) files like we have in this dataset, but it will download all files eventually. You don't need to set a local directory path. The default download path is `~/.synapseCache`. > the second thing is while downloading levodopa data i select their pragmatical download option while I run the script it gives this error "ValueError: The provided id: syn20681036 is neither a container nor a File". This is a bug in the web client. I have filed a ticket with our engineering team. If you remove the extra spaces around the Synapse ID, the command will work for you. (internal ref: https://sagebionetworks.jira.com/browse/SWC-5803) > one more thing is how much size sensor part I, part II, and Leoadopa dataset have. All the data is just under 140 GB in size.

Problem in downloading dataset page is loading…