Is it possible to download the dataset to a specific directory, rather than the hidden synapse directory? Because the dataset is so big I would like to download it into my Dropbox rather than my local directory. I am trying to download the dataset using R.

Created by Vishnu Dantu vdantu
You can do this in R by specifying the cache location in the `~/.synapseConfig` file. See `Caching` here: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Sage-Bionetworks/synapsePythonClient/develop/synapseclient/.synapseConfig The default location for the `.synapseConfig` file is in your home directory. Simply `synLogin` and all data will be downloaded to the location specified in the config file. For those who may be trying to do this in python, you can modify your `.synapseConfig` file as above or, alternatively, you may explicitly instantiate the `synapseclient.Synapse` object and specify a `cache_root_dir` like so: ``` syn = synapseclient.Synapse(cache_root_dir=drop_box_path, configPath="") syn.login(username, password) ... ``` If you store the cache path in your `.synapseConfig` file you will need to specify `configPath=""` and manually pass your credentials to `syn.login` as above because the current (synapseclient==2.5.0) implementation of `synapseclient.Synapse` overrides the `cache_root_dir` kwarg with the cache path indicated in the config file.

Specify Download Location page is loading…