Hi Synapse Team, My submitted docker image fails to run, as it gives no *log.txt in the log-files. It creates only the *log.zip file, which is pretty hard for me to troubleshoot. On the local machine, the docker container runs smoothly with: ``` docker run -v ":/input/" -v ":/output/" docker.synapse.org/syn21746389/sc1_beataml:version4 ``` The error message is: ``` Your workflow job, (submission ID 9701879), has failed to complete. The message is: -packages/toil/leader.py", line 246, in run STDERR: 2020-03-12T11:02:16.960627394Z raise FailedJobsException(self.config.jobStore, self.toilState.totalFailedJobs, self.jobStore) STDERR: 2020-03-12T11:02:16.960638907Z toil.leader.FailedJobsException ``` Thanks for your help !

Created by Alexander Ohnmacht aljoshoh
@Nova, I'll have to look into your submissions a bit more. I'll get back to you as soon as I can! Best, Verena
@aljoshoh, > ...where I aimed at outputting at least the *log.txt file Docker run log files are not available when submitting to the Validation queues, as noted in the announcement [here](https://www.synapse.org/#!Synapse:syn20940518/discussion/threadId=6803). You can, however, use the Leaderboard queue to test your container! These queues will continue to return the log files. > Are you mounting a directory on /home when running it on the synapse server ? I am asking because I have my models and the entrypoint script located at /home in the container. Directories are mounted into the root directory, but I don't think that should affect your entrypoint script! So long as your script is calling for the input files using the absolute path and that the output file is created inside `/output`. Hope this helps! Verena
@Nova @v.chung, I just double-checked, I also can run successfully on the leaderboard , with respective *log.txt ! Why could this be ?
Hi Verena @v.chung , I have a similar problem when I submit the model to validation phase. The same model works when submitted to the leaderboard. Here is the error: ``` Your workflow job, (submission ID 9701977), has failed to complete. The message is: -packages/toil/leader.py", line 246, in run STDERR: 2020-03-13T05:09:42.036112591Z raise FailedJobsException(self.config.jobStore, self.toilState.totalFailedJobs, self.jobStore) STDERR: 2020-03-13T05:09:42.036125457Z toil.leader.FailedJobsException ``` Thank you so much for your help!
@v.chung The example above is a minimal example, where I aimed at outputting at least the *log.txt file In my most recent submission (which should create predictions.csv), I get the same error with a similar *log.zip: ``` Your workflow job, (submission ID 9701879), has failed to complete. The message is: -packages/toil/leader.py", line 246, in run STDERR: 2020-03-12T11:02:16.960627394Z raise FailedJobsException(self.config.jobStore, self.toilState.totalFailedJobs, self.jobStore) STDERR: 2020-03-12T11:02:16.960638907Z toil.leader.FailedJobsException ``` Running the image locally, it creates predictions.csv successfully. Are you mounting a directory on /home when running it on the synapse server ? I am asking because I have my models and the entrypoint script located at /home in the container. I am not sure how to troubleshoot this, since the docker container does not seem to even start running. Thank you for your efforts !
Dear @aljoshoh, You're not alone - the zipped log file definitely takes some getting used to! I looked at your submission logs; looks like the expected output file, `predictions.csv`, is not being created: ``` Exception: No 'predictions.csv' file written to /output, please check inference docker ``` When you locally run your container, do you get that output file? Let me know, Verena

Docker fails to run on synapse page is loading…