Hi, May I ask how can I download the TESLA datasets after I have been granted access to them please? Is there a tutorial about how to link synapse account to my personal AWS account? For downloading the TESLA datasets, I am using the code in https://www.synapse.org/#!Synapse:syn21048999/wiki/607070 to my local server. However, I got the following error: @biodebian:/media/projects/tesla_data$ python test.py Welcome, XI REN! Traceback (most recent call last): File "test.py", line 9, in syn8271842 = syn.get(entity='syn8271842') File "/home/renxi/anaconda3/lib/python3.8/site-packages/synapseclient/client.py", line 717, in get return self._getWithEntityBundle(entityBundle=bundle, entity=entity, **kwargs) File "/home/renxi/anaconda3/lib/python3.8/site-packages/synapseclient/client.py", line 833, in _getWithEntityBundle self._download_file_entity(downloadLocation, entity, ifcollision, submission) File "/home/renxi/anaconda3/lib/python3.8/site-packages/synapseclient/client.py", line 895, in _download_file_entity downloadPath = self._downloadFileHandle(entity.dataFileHandleId, objectId, objectType, downloadPath) File "/home/renxi/anaconda3/lib/python3.8/site-packages/synapseclient/client.py", line 1845, in _downloadFileHandle downloaded_path = self._download_from_url_multi_threaded(fileHandleId, File "/home/renxi/anaconda3/lib/python3.8/site-packages/synapseclient/client.py", line 1890, in _download_from_url_multi_threaded multithread_download.download_file(self, request) File "/home/renxi/anaconda3/lib/python3.8/site-packages/synapseclient/core/multithread_download/download_threads.py", line 232, in download_file downloader.download_file(download_request) File "/home/renxi/anaconda3/lib/python3.8/site-packages/synapseclient/core/multithread_download/download_threads.py", line 276, in download_file file_size = _get_file_size(url_info.url) File "/home/renxi/anaconda3/lib/python3.8/site-packages/synapseclient/core/multithread_download/download_threads.py", line 203, in _get_file_size return int(res_get.headers['Content-Length']) File "/home/renxi/anaconda3/lib/python3.8/site-packages/requests/structures.py", line 54, in __getitem__ return self._store[key.lower()][1] KeyError: 'content-length' Any advice would be highly appreciated. Thank you very much. Xi

Created by XI REN renxinus
Hi all, I have created AWS account and set up EC2 instance. I also set "credentials" file at C:\Users\USERNAME\.aws\ [default] aws_access_key_id = XXXXXXXXXXXX aws_secret_access_key = XXXXXXXXXX region = us-east-1 However, when I run the python script from wiki syn = synapseclient.login("twpcsie", "XXXXX") ### please enter your Synapse username and password. FOLDER = "syn23446508" ### this is the 'TESLA phase 1 data release' folder under which all the data is hosted sts_credentials = syn.restGET(f"/entity/{FOLDER}/sts?permission=read_only") ### this is your 12hr temporary credentials to access the data based on your synapse ID client = boto3.client( 's3', aws_access_key_id=sts_credentials['accessKeyId'], aws_secret_access_key=sts_credentials['secretAccessKey'], aws_session_token=sts_credentials['sessionToken'], ) query = syn.tableQuery( " SELECT * FROM syn23534327 WHERE ( ( modifiedBy = 3382314 ) AND ( parentId = 'syn10141118' ) )" ) ### get list of lung cancer file IDs query_df = query.asDataFrame() query_IDs = query_df['id'].values for syn_id in query_IDs: ent = syn.get(syn_id, downloadFile=False) client.download_file(ent._file_handle['bucketName'], ent._file_handle['key'], ent.name) ### the file will be downloaded to your current folder It turns out : botocore.exceptions.ClientError: An error occurred (403) when calling the HeadObject operation: Forbidden Any possible miss I haven't noticed? Is there any tutorial to link synapse account to personal AWS account
Hi all, To download TESLA data, you need to create an AWS account. See the link below for more details :) https://www.synapse.org/#!Synapse:syn21048999/wiki/607070 Thank you, Jeong-Han Seo
Has this been resolved? I also got the following error in both command line and R. Error in value[[3L]](cond) : 'content-length' Thanks, Jeong-Han Seo
hello all, Sorry for the delays. Thanks for filing this issue - I am going to look into this. Tom
I have the same issue running python client. I even wasn't able to direct download the file to my local PC using by clicking the download link. it shows the following information in the browser:
I have the same issue! Did you get it resolved?
I have the same issue! Did you get it resolved?
I've had a similar issue recently. Were you able to sort this out? thanks, Charles

Problem in downloading TESLA datasets page is loading…