Dear All, I was looking into the two files reporting the metadata information, namely MSSM_human_individual.csv (syn51942196) and MSBB_individual_metadata.csv (syn6101474). My understanding is that the individual ID in the first file are a subset of the one in the second file, but I see that some values do not match (e.g., mismatching CERAD scores and some missing Braak scores). Is there a particular explanation I am missing? Moreover, in the file MSSM_human_individual (syn51942196) the field _diagnosis_ always reports Alzheimer disease, but if I cross-check this information with the CDR score in MSBB_individual_metadata (syn6101474) the classification seems to not add up in most cases. Am I again missing something here? I understood from previous discussion that it is better to rely on the CDR scale as it is rather than forcing a binary condition (AD vs Control), but would I be right to interpret this _diagnosis_ column as the patient's condition? If so, how would you explain the discrepancy with the values of the other metrics? As I am now working with the RNAseq data in syn7416949, shall I rely on the metadata in syn6101474? Thanks a lot for the clarification, Warm regards, Tamara.

Created by Tamara Perteghella TamaraPerteghella
Dear Jessica, Thanks a lot for the clarification. Best regards, Tamara.
Hi Tamara, The metadata files associated with the MSBB study are: * individual metadata: syn6101474 * biospecimen metadata: syn21893059 * assay: MSBB_assay_* files (in syn7392158) You can find a complete list of these files in the [Study Metadata section of the MSBB Study Page](https://adknowledgeportal.synapse.org/Explore/Studies/DetailsPage/StudyData?Study=syn3159438#StudyMetadata) in the portal. If you scroll down from there, you can also find a complete list of the data files associated with that study, including the RNAseq files you are working with. The MSSM metadata files (syn51942195 & syn51942196) are specifically for the recently submitted methylation assay data stored in that same folder (syn7392158), which hasn't been released yet. Our curation team is working with the data submitter to reconcile and combine the MSSM metadata with the MSBB metadata, but that effort is still in progress. Apologies for any confusion caused by having these unreleased files visible in Synapse; we will set those files to as private until they are fully validated and ready to release. Best, Jessica

Individual Metadata: syn6101474, syn51942196 page is loading…