Hello, I tried using the programmatic downloading tool, but was unsuccessful in doing so using my username and password. Do I need to obtain an additional token to use the tool? If so, what procedures must I go through? Thank you! Below are the error messages that had appeared. synapseclient.core.exceptions.SynapseNoCredentialsError: No credentials provided. During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred: synapseclient.core.exceptions.SynapseHTTPError: 401 Client Error: Timestamp in request, 2023-08-16T23:11:18.000Z, is out of date.

Created by Young-Jun Jeon jeonrpm2020
Hello, I do have enough space on the server with more than 7Tb available. Also, the amount of memory available is around 90Gb. However another big error has occurred. I am trying to use this code; however since yesterday all my login attempts failed with the error message: "You are locked out from making any additional login attempts for 42467018 milliseconds" I have done nothing other than logging in with the PAT but this error message persists even after the time has finished. The timer just keeps on increasing after it finishes. Furthermore, if I use the code above, how will I be able to simultaneously download the entire download cart?
Hi @jeonrpm2020, Glad to hear that the PAT worked! To narrow down the download issue, can you confirm that you have sufficient disk space on your server? You can check this with the ```df -h``` command. In addition, can you share the specifications of your server, specifically the amount of RAM available? Another idea would be to use the `get` command, instead of the `get-download-command`, with the debug flag enabled to give us a more detailed error message. For example: ``` synapse --debug get syn20783166 --recursive ``` Best, Will
Hello! Thank you for the reply. I am currently using the command-line format. The PAT login worked successfully, thank you. However, another problem has occured: I used the "synapse get-download-list" command line to download .bam files; however, the files stop downloading after approximately 3% of the process. An error message stating the following appeared and failed the download: [ERROR ] Unable to download file Is there any possible way to fix this? Thank you!
Hello @jeonrpm2020, Instead of using your password to login, can you try generating a personal access token (PAT)? A PAT can be generated by going to your Account Settings on Synapse and clicking the "Manage Personal Access Tokens" near the bottom. If you're still having trouble, let me know which Synapse client you are using (Python,R, or command-line) and the version of the client and I can try to give a more specific example. Best, Will

Downloading Programmatically has Issues page is loading…