Hello, I am wondering if someone can explain why the description for ROSMAP snRNA-seq gene expression data says "465 individual samples" were included in this study, then in the library preparation stage only says 8 individuals were sequenced with 5,000 cells each. Is there a paper or updated description of the methods that someone could share? Thank you for your time. Melise

Created by Melise Edwards Melise9
Hi Melise, I believe that the methods documentation for this study is indicating that the 465 individual samples were pooled into multiple batches of 8 individuals each for processing, not that only a single pooled batch of samples from 8 individuals was processed. If you need further details on the methodology, the data contributor @masashi should be able to provide additional clarification. Also note that there is some additional information about working with the ROSMAP_snRNAseq_demultiplexed_ID_mapping.csv metadata file [here](https://www.synapse.org/#!Synapse:syn2580853/discussion/threadId=10254), which may be helpful. Best, Jessica
You responded to a discussion with the syn ID in the title: "Sample processing description for syn31512863." I am asking about the sample size of the Gene Expression Data for single cell (Experiment 2 - single nucleus RNA-seq) with 465 individual samples. It later says that only 8 individuals were included with 5,000 cells each. It is very confusing and hard to read.
Hi Melise, Can you please provide the synId or a link to the to the study data and/or documentation that you are asking about? There are multiple ROSMAP studies, and I'm not sure which one you are asking about. Thanks, Jessica

Sample processing description for syn31512863 page is loading…