For the MSBB RNA-seq data I cannot figure out how to map the column names back to individual because they do not seem to appear in the biospecimen metadata file. For example, I believe these are the processed RNA-seq counts for each brodmann area. The columns in these files do not seem to match anything else: syn9706153 syn9706154 syn9706155 syn9706156 For example, one column name is BM22.DNA.954, and that does not appear to be a specimen ID. How do I map these column names back to the individuals they were derived from?

Created by jgmeyer
That's a good question. I've looked around the MSBB data and there's nothing like these column names in any of the raw or processed data files, nor in the metadata files. The numbers at the end of the column names don't even match numbers from specimen IDs for the Broadmann area in question. So, we don't appear to have the information needed to map these column names back to individuals. They must have used some internal naming scheme when they normalized the data. My best suggestion is to contact the author of the code for this (listed in the first few lines here: syn7315770) and see if they know! Hopefully that helps. If you are able to find out the answer from the author, I'd love to hear the solution so we can make that information available. Jaclyn Beck

MSBB RNAseq data columns mapping to individual page is loading…