Dear AMP-AD team, I would like to use a commercial cloud provider (e.g. DNANexus or SevenBridges) to perform analyses of data from the AMP-AD Knowledge portal, including controlled datasets such as RNA-seq alignments. I am still new to Synapse and was wondering if there are restrictions / recommendations on using cloud providers for analysis? Maybe that's a route others have chosen before? Specifically, it is my understanding that anybody who will have access to the data will need to be registered with Synapse. If that's correct, does this extend to the technical staff of a commercial cloud provider - or are the compliance guarantees provided by e.g. DNANexus (overview here) sufficient? Thanks a lot for any feedback, Thomas

Created by Thomas Sandmann sandmannt
Thank you, Mette, that's very helpful.
Hi Thomas, Synapse users take responsibility for how they handle data outside Synapse. They need to confirm the security measures of the analysis platform or Cloud provider they use. We are not asking that Cloud provider be registered Synapse user

Use of commercial cloud providers (DNANexus, SevenBridges) for analysis page is loading…