Hello, I want to access ROSMAP multi-omics data to integrate them. I sent the Data Use Certificate to our research department and they want to make some edits for the agreement. https://www.synapse.org/#!Synapse:syn3219045 My first question is, are all these omics performed for the same patients? Second, who should our department contact? I got mail delivery from Mette@synapse.org. I appreciate your reply. Regards

Created by FADHL ALAKWAA fadhlyemen
@allieseroussi Unfortunately, Yes.
HI @fadhlyemen , I am not sure if I understand you - Is UM is telling you that the institution as a whole must be the "Signing Official" on the ROSMAP DUC?
The University said the DUC is contrary to our U-M policy to have the U-M PI as a party to the agreement (U-M itself needs to be the party to the agreement.
Hi @fadhlyemen - you may want to get clarity from your university about the need to change the DUC. We can not change agreements based on individual institutions requirements. This is no different than if you were to get data from dbGAP, for example. These are not data that we as an institution has generated, we are therefore bound by data use requirements as determined by the data contributor. If helpful, feel free to have your institution reach out to us for clarification.
My Univerity needs to edit the DUC but Synapse said it can not change. The DUA needs IRB in my University which takes a long time. I do not know how to get the data. I get ADNI data without this frustration.
Hi @fadhlyemen. Most people access the ROSMAP dataset by filling out the DUC, which is the pdf titled "ROS.MAP_DataUseCertificate_July24.2015.pdf" and requesting through this link: https://www.synapse.org/#!AccessRequirements:ID=syn3219045&TYPE=ENTITY. Some synapse users and their institutions collaborate directly with Rush University and receive access using the DUA document. If this situation does not apply to you or your department, please use the the DUC to request access.
The reason, why my University did not accept to sign the DUA is explained by our ORSP department: "because it is contrary to our U-M policy to have the U-M PI as a party to the agreement (U-M itself needs to be the party to the agreement). Any suggestions
Mette, I am totally confused about how to get ROAS data. I contacted Greg from Ruch University and she gave me a different DUA for the limited data. My University after reviewing it needs IRB which takes a long time. Now I have two data agreement, one pdf file from Synapse site called "ROS.MAP_DataUseCertificate_July24.2015.pdf" and the other from Ruch University called "RADC Resource Sharing Policies 082517.docx". I would like help if anybody gets the data from Rush or synapse. Which file to submit? Regards
Thank you.
Hi @fadhlyemen - Most of the ROSMAP omics data is done on the same individuals. The terms of use for this data is set by the data contributor (the Rush Alzheimers disease center (RADC)) and is not something we can change, but you can apply for data access directly through RADC. Please see here: https://www.radc.rush.edu/

ROSMAP omics data page is loading…