Hello, all: I pay attention to this time interval because it brings confusion when I'm doing combination analysis in which I try to relate the Braak Stage as pathological trait of NCI/MCI/AD sample to their gene expression data. In my understanding, definition of NCI/MCI/AD was done when the person is alive, while the definition of Braak Stage was done after death, because brain sample is indispensable, that's where time interval exits. I'm not sure if brain change in this time interval should be considered(I mean, a person was defined as MCI before death but turned to AD after death), which mean that combination of Braak Stage trait with NCI/MCI/AD gene expression is meaningless. I'll appreciate any help from you, thanks! Sincerely, Cong Fan

Created by fanc232
@Mette got it, thanks a lot!
Dear @fanc232 - There is a category in the clinical data called 'dcfdx_lv'. That is the last valid score for the clinical cognitive diagnosis summary (see codebook: syn3191090) done at last visit, which is 'age_at_visit_max'. Subtract 'age_at_visit_max' from 'age_death' and you get the time difference between the diagnosis and Braak stage
What's more, I'm not a native speaker of English and I wish there's no misunderstanding in my problem presentation that show no respect to people who bear the pain of Alzheimer and kindly devote their sample to the ROS-MAP project.
I'm sorry I forget to attach the Synapse ID. My question is about the ROSMAP clinical data, syn3191087; and the gene expression data, syn17008934. Thank you!

Time interval between definition of NCI/MCI/AD and Braak Stage page is loading…