Hi All, The sample ID for methylation array data is weird such as "TBI-AUTO73325-PT-3149". I cannot find matched individualID, specimenID or projectID. Please let me know how could I link sample ID of methylation array data to individualID, specimenID or projectID. Li

Created by Li Chen chen61
Got it. Thank you so much!
Some of the specimenIDs are all numbers, but not all. I was able to successfully find individual IDs based on the "sample" ID once I changed the name to "specimenID"; this includes being able to find individualIDs for specimens starting with TBI or PT. The biospecimen file has data on specimens across all assays from multiple labs, which have their own schemas for generating specimenIDs.
@nicole.kauer Thanks but column name "sample" from syn5843544 start with characters "TBI or PT", while specimenID column from syn21323366 are all numbers. It seems there is no overlap between the two.
The column name "sample" would need to be changed to "specimenID". Then the files can be joined. You should be able to do this locally, through whichever program you were planning on joining the data together with. I will put this file on the list of those that need to be updated to the new standard, but that may take time. It would be faster for you to locally edit the column name before attempting to join to the other two files.
@nicole.kauer Thanks. So at this point, there is no way to join these files because of this file has not been updated?
It appears that this file has not been updated to have the new standard of specimenID instead of sample ID. If you change the name of this column, the three files are able to be joined to create a full data set for every specimen from every individual for that assay.
@nicole.kauer This file syn5843544 has sample ID such as "TBI-AUTO73325-PT-3149". I cannot link syn5843544 to syn3191087 and syn21323366.
Can you please point me to the file you are referring to?

Match sample ID of methylation array data page is loading…