To Whom it may concern, My name is Christian Perez and I'm currently conducting a study on the MC-CAA ID syn9779506 cohort. In studies 1 and 2 in the MC-CAA cohort we are provided the bam file format for the RNA sequencing data which are already aligned to the human reference genome and the two PIs aligned their specific samples to either human genome hg38 or hg19. My goal is to reprocess both the studies data so that they may be aligned to the **same reference genome**. This is not possible with the bam files currently provided on Synapse (syn9779506) and we are hoping to know whom to contact to access the raw un-stranded fastq format files of these samples (477 samples for study 1 and 75 samples for study 2) so that we may do our alignment from scratch. Our reason for this is to make sure we are consistent with our alignment, mapping, and counting of our read counts in our RNA-Seq data workflow. Therefore, this requires that we align the raw fastq files with the same alignment software and then map these aligned files with the most up to date gencode annotation metadata. Is there a location on synapse where we have access to these fastq files for these two datasets? We already have access to all the files currently posted on synapse for this dataset. Or can you directly reach the PIs for this data? Thanks in advance you for your help. Christian

Created by Christian Perez cmiperez
This is what we were provided in the initial release of the data. Do also note that bam files have only been provided for 'study 2'. Study 1 so far only has the counts. I am uncertain right now if additional data will be provided in the next data release (end of November), but we are following up with the data providers. To get alerts about data releases I suggest you request to join the [AD_DataReleaseUpdates team](https://www.synapse.org/#!Team:3372003). That team is tagged in notices about data releases and updates in the AD portal discussion forum resulting in a direct email.

Access to Raw Fastq Files for MC-CAA Study (syn9779506) page is loading…