Hello, I wanted to request access for syn20818651, but for filling the AMP-AD Knowledge Portal-Controlled Access DUC-v6 form, I got confused. I am a PhD student and my supervisor would sign the "PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR" part of the form. But what is "SIGNING OFFICIAL" part exactly? It is mentioned: The Signing Official is somebody with oversight authority over the data requester and who is responsible for ensuring appropriate and ethical use of the Data by the data requester. If I am data requester so again my supervisor could sign this part? If not, does it mean head of department or university? Which seems really weird asking that person to sign this form!!!! I would appreciate any hint. Thank you!

Created by Fatemeh Zebardast Timaa.z
That makes sense, thank you for the help!
@jading if your PI has data oversight, your PI can sign both the "Principal Investigator" and "Signing Official" sections. The one exception to this is if the PI is the only person requesting data. We always need a second signature on the Data Use Certificate (DUC) so that we can ensure the request is legitimate. For example, if you and your PI are both requesting data, your PI can sign the "Principal Investigator" section and the "Signing Official" section, and you can sign your name in the "Collaborators" section of the DUC. If only your PI is requesting data access (i.e. there are no names listed in the "Collaborators" section), we will need the signing official to be different from the PI so that we have a second person's signature on the DUC to ensure the request is legitimate. Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Thank you for the quick response! I have the same confusion as the original poster. Can my PI sign both 'PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR' and 'SIGNING OFFICIAL' ? Thanks!
The signing official is different at each university/research institution, but is typically a PI, program director, academic supervisor, etc who has data oversight.
I have the same issue where I'm not really sure who should be the "SIGNING OFFICIAL". Would I be able to get help on this as well? Thank you!
Dear @Timaa.z Our human data governance team will reach out to you with advice

AMP-AD Knowledge Portal-Controlled Access DUC-v6 form page is loading…