Hi, I've got confused a bit while preparing DUC to get data access to several controlled data. Data requesters are actually me and my colleagues(collaborators) in the same institution and my PI is not directly involved the data request process. (my PI doesn't have even his synapse account) In my case, I'm wondering if I can sign on the "Principal Investigator", my colleagues on "Collaborators" and my PI on the "Signing Official" of the DUC. Thank you

Created by yewon
The data I am trying to access is @syn10468856 , a public data.
@elang It seems that in the newest DUC(by 2023), the "Principal Investigator" cannot act as his own "Signing Official". Last year I had my PI as both the "Principal Investigator" and "Signing Official", but was rejected this time. The reply was: " Please note that the PI cannot act as their own Signing Official. The Signing Official must be a different person at your institution who is in an oversight position and can attest to the PI's affiliation and good standing. The Signing Official must sign in the designated signature block on the DUC. " So the question is, can the "Signing Official" be included in the collaborator section, i.e. be given access to the data? Thanks, Noah
Thanks @elang ! I can access the data now!
@Mike-Mason-BMS yes, we approved the updated DUC and you should now have access to the data. Let me know if you have any issues accessing. Thanks, Emily
Dear @elang , I am have been added to a DUC at my company and wanted see if I could get confirmation a that I have been added on the Sage/ AMP-AD side. Thanks, Mike
@elang makes sense! thank you:D
@yewon if your PI does not need data access, he can fill out the PI section and just leave the Synapse username field blank. Otherwise if he will be accessing data he will need to create a Synapse account so that he can include his Synapse username on the DUC. In general, we check to make sure every data access requestor has a Synapse username listed on the DUC, but if someone is not actually a data access requestor, they are not required to have a Synapse username on the DUC.
@elang Thank you for the answer:-) So.. I need to have my PI create his synapse account first. There is no other way, isn't it?
@yewon it would be best if your PI can sign in both the "Signing Official" and "Principal Investigator" sections, and if you and your colleagues can sign in the "Requestors" table on the last page of the DUC. Let me know if that makes sense and if you have any other questions!
@elang Can you help address this question? Thank you!

AMP-AD DUC page is loading…