Hi, about data syn16809559, some are with "AMP-AD_MSBB_MSSM...", some are only "MSBB_MSSM..." without "AMP-AD", what is the difference between these two? Thanks a lot!

Created by xinxingwu
I got it. Thanks so much!
I believe the rows with empty values for Gene.Symbol or ENTREZ_GENE_ID are sequences that have a GenBank accession number (GB_ACC) but do not map to a gene with an ID in Entrez.
Sure. I got it. Thanks. What does the "empty" ones for Gene.Symbol and ENTREZ_GENE_ID in the third line?
Thank you for elaborating! I think this "///" notation in the Gene.Symbol and ENTREZ_GENE_ID columns indicates that a particular probe maps to multiple genes, which seems to be not uncommon for Affymetrix Gene Chip probes. Does that sound reasonable?
Thanks a lot! I got it. For the "gene id with ///", please see the following example (first line). Except for this, another question is, some gene is empty (third line), what does it mean? For the sake of data privacy, I have replaced all the names of GB_ACC with AAAAAAA ID, GB_ACC , Gene.Symbol , ENTREZ_GENE_ID 200080_s_at, AAAAAAA, H3F3A /// LOC440926, 3020 /// 440926 200748_s_at, AAAAAAA, FTH1, 2495 200749_at, AAAAAAA, , 200750_s_at, AAAAAAA, RAN, 5901
Hi there, For your first question, the "MSBB_MSSM" files were uploaded in 2015, and the "AMP-AD_MSBB_MSSM" files were uploaded in 2018. I don't think there is any difference between them except for the file names; the samples in them should all correspond to specimenIDs in the study metadata. For your second question, I'm not sure what you mean by "gene id with ///" -- I don't see anything like that in the file you linked to. Can you be more specific and I'll see if I can help? Best, Abby
Add one more question: what does it mean "the gene id with /// " in data syn16779990?

What is difference? page is loading…