Hello, I have downloaded the clinical metadata in order to identify AD vs no AD condition. I have read the clinical codebook provided but it is not that clear to me whether I can consider a patient as having AD or not, especially for this specific case: advanced Braak stage, probable AD according to the CERAD score but no dementia. Is there any norm to define a patient to be in AD or no AD condition ? Thank you very much for your help, Kind Regards, Celine

Created by Celine Barlier cbarlier
Hi Celine, In this caseI believe the ROSMAP clinical metadata provides information on cognitive diagnoses and pathological diagnoses that are available for each patient, but no unified/definitive diagnosis that supersedes those. For a case with neuropathology scores indicating AD but no cognitive dx of dementia, researchers may need to consider both covariates in downstream analyses. @Mette let me know if there's any other info on this that I'm missing. Best, Abby
Hi Mette, sure: I am referring to the ROSMAP study in particular (the ROSMAP_clinical metadata file). Thank you very much
Hi Celine, can you please let us know if there is a specific study you have questions about

Clinical metadata - AD vs no AD condition page is loading…