Given N3C access is institutional, and one typically needs to go through institutional DUAs to get N3C access, and Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval to participate through an institution, is it expected that the winnings go to the institutions who have DUAs with N3C? That is, in a university setting, would I have to get my office of sponsored projects involved if my team somehow won and then the funds would flow to the institution? Or is the spirit of the project to incentivize individuals to participate so they can take home cash along with the glory?

Created by Christophe Lambert christophe.lambert
Hi @christophe.lambert, So BARDA is very flexible on how they distribute the prize winnings. We will be giving the prize money to the team captain of each winning team, and it is up to the team captain to distribute the funds appropriately. Whether the individual is allowed to accept the funds or whether they have to go through their institution will come down to institutional policy. You may not have to get your office of sponsored projects involved if your institution doesn't require it. BARDA can just send your team captain the funds directly. Let us know if you have more questions! Thank you, @trberg

Cash prizes -- who gets the money, you or your institution? page is loading…