Hi all, Could someone please help me understand what does this error means?

Created by Xenofon Giannoulis Xenofon
That was it, thanks for helping me sort it out!
Hello @Xenofon , Thanks. For the first part can you try with explicit parameters? ``` synLogin(email=", password="") ``` As for the auth token issue. This is because you created a token that doesn't have download permissions. When you create a Personal access token, there is an option to check 3 boxes. By default it only checks the first box which is "view". I recommend checking all three boxes "view", "download", "modify". After doing so, you should be able to download things with the your Personal Access Token. Best, Tom
Hi Thomas, So far I have tried to log in manually on each session in R. ## in R ``` synLogin('username','password') ``` I get the following error: ``` Error in value[[3L]](cond) : 401 Client Error: Timestamp in request, 2021-11-05T07:11:30.000Z, is out of date. ``` If I try: ``` synLogin(authToken='mytoken') ``` I get: ``` Welcome, Xenofon!NULL ``` ### Then on the download part: ``` entity <- synGet("syn17894685", downloadLocation =paste0(wdir)) Error in value[[3L]](cond) : 403 Client Error: insufficient_scope. Request lacks scope(s) required by this service: download ``` ## In bash ``` synapse get syn3354385 Synapse username (leave blank if using an auth token): ('I just enter empty line') Auth token: ('I paste my token') Welcome, Xenofon! SynapseHTTPError: 403 Client Error: insufficient_scope. Request lacks scope(s) required by this service: download ```
Hello @Xenofon, May I ask how you are configuring your command line clients? Are you using `~/.synapseConfig` to input your credentials or are you inputting it in? Can you provide the commands you are running? If you are passing in the password or auth command in the commands, please make sure to abstract those out. Best, Tom
Thanks for that info. I'll pass this to our platform team for support.
yes, I get the same error from both APIs using the same auth token. I also tried to log in with email or different combinations, it does not make a difference. It seems to me that my account is blocked for accessing synapse through our server.
And just to be sure, you've logged into the same account through the R and/or bash client that is authorized for access? Is this happening with all files or just some files?
Thank you for your quick reply. Yes, I have complete access to the data with my personal account and I can manually download each file but not programmatically as folders or syn_ids. It happens with both bash and R applications, I am receiving the same error. Some examples would be: syn18324060 or syn17346397.
I can follow up with the tech team to verify, it seems to me to indicate that you don't have access to the data. Have you requested and received access to the data? And were you logged into the authorized account? What entity were you trying to access when you received this error?

SynapseHTTPError: 403 Client Error: insufficient_scope. Request lacks scope(s) required by this service: download page is loading…