Hi fellows, I have got a question about the coordinate system for the synthetic data. Specifically, I want to know the transformation from the GT's coordinate to the image coordinate for each sequence. To better illustrate, for a vSLAM problem, we usually set the first frame as the origin point (0, 0, 0) with x pointing to the image width, y pointing to the height, and z pointing forward orthogonally to the image plane. However, I found some problems when I am profiling the data with a simple odometry system. Let's take sequence 01 for example. Following the image coordinate, the motion at the beginning of the sequence should be going directly in the Z direction. In comparison, the GT trajectory indicates movements in the Y direction. So, to better align the trajectory between them, I would need a more detailed definition of the coordinate system. Thanks for your attention on this.

Created by DJNing
Hi @DJNing, have you seen this [here](https://www.synapse.org/#!Synapse:syn29430445)? I used this script to evaluate the z-direction of the first two images in Sequence 1 of the first dataset. It should be positive! ``` poses_quat, poses_mat = get_poses('1', '/rootfolder/') frame1 = poses_mat[0,:,:] frame2 = poses_mat[1,:,:] relative_pose = get_relative_pose(frame1, frame2) print(relative_pose[2,-1]>0) ``` Does that make sense?

Questions regarding the coordinate system page is loading…