Hi, Lets refer if a subject has developed _cancer_ in past x months as** C** and if the subject has developed _Invasive cancer_ then **I**. Let the combination be _C **OR** I = T_ (i.e. we just say about cancer, invasive or otherwise) Do we need to predict C & I separately for each image or would predicting T suffice? P.S. C==1 is a positive case and C==0 is a negative case and like wise for others.

Created by Lalit Pradhan ArtzenLabs
Hi Lalit, > Do we need to predict Cancer and Invasive Cancer separately? No, what we are asking to predict is whether the left/right breast of a subject will developed cancer (invasive or not) within 12 months of a given screening mammography exam. Because there are two sub-challenges, you can find the input and output for each of them here ([Challenge Questions](https://www.synapse.org/#!Synapse:syn4224222/wiki/401749)). Instead of a boolean output for each breast of a given subject, we are asking for a confidence level between 0 (no cancer developed within 12 months) and 1 (cancer will develop within 12 months).

Do we need to predict Cancer and Invasive Cancer separately? page is loading…