Hi, As part of my pre-processing step, I am converting all the dicom images to JPEG, then processing them further and converting them to binary arrays and storing them (for use during training) - and this takes quite a while. Any time I make a change to my pre-processing code, I have to do the conversion to JPEG all over again since the data in /preprocessedData is all deleted. Is there anyway I can save just the JPEG images without having to do the conversion every time? Thanks, Aashish

Created by Aashish Dattani zettata
Hi Aashish, - Are you using multiple threads to preprocess the images (see https://www.synapse.org/#!Synapse:syn4224222/discussion/threadId=1089&replyId=8515)? - Convert images to PNG (lossless format) instead of JPEG (lossy format) unless you have a good reason not to do so > and this takes quite a while Does it take more time than when you run your preprocessing method locally using the Pilot Data? > Is there anyway I can save just the JPEG images without having to do the conversion every time? We don't allow incremental modification modifications of /preprocessedData for several reasons.

Saved JPG images? page is loading…