i got this cmkg906a.dcm in one of the reference files, but not in the trainingData --- this is Express lane update: actually i found the sam ething in th along queue: /trainingData/u10rwx9j.dcm i don't know if it is because i have some bug, or between pre-process, and training, the file names are dynamically updated.

Created by Yuanfang Guan ???? yuanfang.guan
Thanks so much for checking that -- after some more searching I believe I found the bug in my code (I was erroneously truncating the file name, whoops).
> I am wondering if the names are somehow off by a few letters between the metadata files and the .dcm files in the express lane. It seems unlikely but doesn't hurt to check: Looking at our records all of the submissions from you (luli.zou) ran on the same machine (bm09). Let's check the metadata file on the machine: ``` [dreamuser@bm09 ~]$ grep 9d6 /data/data/metadata/challenge/training_images_crosswalk.tsv tsex1673 1 1 CC R 9d6alei7.dcm ``` So the metadata file references `9d6alei7.dcm`. Now let's check the image folder: ``` [dreamuser@bm09 ~]$ ls -al /data/data/images/training/9d6* -rw-r--r--. 1 root root 27265666 Nov 4 09:56 /data/data/images/training/9d6alei7.dcm ``` The file in the training data folder matches the metadata file. Reading your post it sort of looks like you are erroneously trying to read a file called `9d6ale.jpg` when perhaps you should be trying to read `9d6alei7.jpg`. I would look for a bug in your code.   Hope this helps.
@brucehoff I am wondering if the names are somehow off by a few letters between the metadata files and the .dcm files in the express lane. The error in my training phase was: ``` FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/preprocessedData/9d6ale.jpg' ``` and I have the following line in my preprocessing log: ``` STDOUT: Saving /preprocessedData/9d6alei7.jpg... ``` I ran a dummy preprocessing stage of simply converting all the .dcms to .jpgs, following by a training phase that (1) creates a list of .jpgs using the metadata files and (2) feeds them into my model for training. As far as I can tell in my code, I don't think I am truncating anything anywhere. Let me know if you think I'm doing something wrong. Perhaps the metadata list is different in training vs. preprocessing? Thanks!
> in training. Thanks, that helps clear things up: Currently when you use a preprocessing step we do not provide the `/trainingData` folder for the training phase. Instead we provide just the `/preprocessedData` folder which you had populated in the preprocessing phase. This is explained in the "Training with Preprocessing" section here: https://www.synapse.org/#!Synapse:syn4224222/wiki/401759   Having said this, we will change the arrangement so that the `/trainingData` folder (the .dcm files) are available during the training phase even if you include a preprocessing step. This modification will come shortly.
speaking of which, i think might be this: originally it was the second to the last column, now it is the last column. i remember synapse has some problem that all files end with not standard new line, but some dos format new lines. for all previous challenges i had to convert the files dos2unix, i wonder if some incompatibility between synapse and IBM/AWS side.
in training. all i did was reading in this column of image name, and it is not found, '/trainingData/cmkg906a.dcm' if you look at this, it does seem to be correct. i wonder if there is any trailing letter that is not shown. have to say it is really weird, this is something recent.
@yuanfang.guan : Did you see this error during the *preprocessing* or during the *training* phase?
I also got a similar error in the express lane after successfully running my preprocessing script: ``` FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/preprocessedData/xgpm2g.jpg' ``` Maybe I did something wrong, or maybe it is something else if we both got it? EDIT: I should also note that my container runs fine locally.

IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/trainingData/cmkg906a.dcm' page is loading…