I submitted a text file to run my docker images but I never recieved a email confirmation for it. Also I see references to links for a page where I can view the progress of my submission but I do not see anything there either. Am I supposed to upload the text file to my group's project Files tab and then Tools->Submit to Challenge? The challenge instructions aren't very explicit with what to do with the text file.

Created by James Yuan jamesj.yuan
> I'm getting emails when log files are added or when a stage completes Those are the only messages sent. I.e when you submit for training (unless your submission is invalid) you get one email when the log files start accumulating and another when the submission completes.
Yes there was nothing in the spam folder. But I'm getting emails when log files are added or when a stage completes now so it's not a huge issue. I just don't get the initial confirmation that I submitted something to the queue. This submission 7826248 was the first one where I experienced the problem. I haven't submitted anything new in the past few days so I don't know if the issue is completely fixed or not.
@jamesj.yuan: We would be happy to investigate this anomaly. Can you confirm that you checked your spam folder and did not find the missing message(s) there? If so, can you provide the submission ID of a submission for which your group members received a email message but you did not?
Dear James, You should get emails once the submission is complete. Are you still not receiving confirmation emails? Best, Thomas
So the email issue half-fixed itself a couple hours ago. I get emails when there's an error or log files are available. I just don't the email confirming the submission itself.
Dear James, This bug has been reported by another participant and we are currently looking into it. Initially I would say to go to your SETTINGS tab on your synapse page and make sure that the "Allow Synapse to send me email notifications" is checked, or to check the spam/junk folder for the emails. Best, Thomas
Okay so apparently my group members received an email but I didn't. Any ideas why that would be the case? I signed into synapse using Google account. Could that cause issues?

No email for submission to express training queue. page is loading…