Hello, My submission with ID 8027696 has no log update for more than 2 hours (before everything went allright for a day). Is it just because the servers are too busy and I should wait or there is an error/segfault and I would better request cancelling and relaunch? Thanks

Created by Yaroslav Nikulin (Therapixel) ynikulin
@kimj77: There was a small issue with uploading logs for 'in progress' submissions that was addressed within the last hour. Please check out your log file now: https://www.synapse.org/#!Synapse:syn8015235. If you click on "File History" you will see that the logs have been updated. Sorry for the inconvenience. @thefaculty The issue was not related to server load. It has now been remediated. If you find further issues, kindly let us know.
I had the same experience. The log file didn't update for a long time but then the job finished successfully. It seems that when the server gets busy, it becomes sluggish in updating log files. Could this be improved? Thx!
@brucehoff yes, it stopped updating the log, but after 12 hours or something it successfully completed and I've received the model. I am lucky I did not cancel it before. Thanks!
@brucehoff There was no log update after 11 AM EST on 1/17/17 on my team submission 8015229. Please investigate the submission. Thanks.
@ynikulin: Our records show that 8027696 has successfully completed. If you feel there is still an issue, please let us know. @yuanfang.guan and @bill_lotter if there is a certain submission you are concerned about, please post the submission ID and we will investigate. Thank you.
I also have a submission that just started running and is not producing a log file
can @brucehoff please check my running submission that are runnign right now? they are stopped to move waywayway longer than expected without even generating any logs. also please deduct corresponding hours

Log file recently stopped getting updated page is loading…