6, cancerL 7, cancerR 8, invL 9, invR a related question: in the meta data table in the scoring set, because these 4 columns are hidden , then are the rest of the columns shifted by 4 or just these 4 columns are empty? thanks a ton.

Created by Yuanfang Guan ???? yuanfang.guan
I can write some rudimentary perl. I can barely program in python (just learned 6 month ago that one of my students taught me) -- this one I am implementing with python and perl. I can also write some matlab/octave, but matlab is not dockerable. I can read R (probably can write some), but I will have to dockerize R with python.
Hi Yuanfang, I recommend you to take a few minutes to learn how to refer to columns using their name. During the Collaborative Phase, dataset files from different providers may not have the same column order. If you tell me what language you use, I may give you an example. Otherwise, the order of the columns in the metadata file in the scoring set is the same as in the Challenge Dictionary. The values in ['cancerL', 'cancerR', 'invL', 'invR'] are obfuscated in the scoring set using '*' for the exams to predict. Thanks!
can you just please tell me whether it is shifted or not? I don't know how to use data frames....\ Thanks Yuanfang
Hi, > in the meta data table in the scoring set, because these 4 columns are hidden , then are the rest of the columns shifted by 4 or just these 4 columns are empty? @yuanfang.guan As a tip, your code will be more robust if you refer to columns in a data frame using their name instead of their index. There are more tips on the [Cheat Sheet](https://www.synapse.org/#!Synapse:syn4224222/wiki/409763) of the Challenge. > So I guess cancerL and cancerR are the primary endpoints for the challenge. The organisation team could confirm. Alexandre is correct. One of the questions asked during the Collaborative Phase may be to distinguish between DCIS from Invasive.
^ thanks for this description! gives me a lot to think about
Usually for mammography screening statistics, DCIS and invasive carcinoma are both considered a 'cancer'. Even if they are often statistically subdivided and even if DCIS is by definition in situ carcinoma. In practical, DCIS needs to be removed surgically as invasive carcinoma; so you basically need to detect both of them in mammography as a 'cancer'. Of course, there is an historical debate about low grade DCIS being overdiagnosed/overtreated but I don't think it is the main subject here. So I guess cancerL and cancerR are the primary endpoints for the challenge. The organisation team could confirm.
sorry, should be 4,5 versus 6,7,   i counted wrongly (this is my math)   but isn't invL just cancerL? because the definition of cancer is invasive. but I just counted the number of imvl and cancerL. they are different.....
Would also like clarification. I think its 6-7, but I saw in another post that they are rethinking the importance of 8-9.

JUST to make sure, in the challenge dictionary are we supposed to use column 6 and 7 or column 8 and 9 as gold standard? page is loading…