As per the instructions on the submitting model "How to submit". I am a certified user. I have created my own project on synapse. I have loaded the example python docker file and then submitted. I have not yet received any information through email or log file is visible. Please let me know how to look for the log files after submitting the docker to the server.

Created by Chetak Kandaswamy chetak
Thanks Bruce.
Chetak: We are updating the display very shortly to be more useful/informative. Please stand by.
I had submitted a job. It did not give any reply and the status was showing Running on the wiki. Now even that is not showing. Does this mean the job is lost or it failed. I have added a snapshot below. Should I resubmit or should wait? ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ${imageLink?synapseId=syn7320911&align=None&responsive=true}
Chetak: Thanks for sharing that. We will change it to show "Pending" instead of "Running".
Thanks Bruce for the reply. The new queue status is as below. The 'Pending' status is shown an 'Running' status. ${imageLink?synapseId=syn7320422&align=None&responsive=true}
Chetak: It looks like you submitted 10 and #8 failed. (I think this is the one you are mentioning, but am not sure.) > The job status was displayed as running. I think we show your job as Running when it's actually Pending (not yet running). We are looking into this. > After a day, I did not receive any log or termination or completion email. Also the job submitted is not enlisted in the queue any more. I think it ran and failed but we failed to send you a failure notification. We will look into this. > However, I have submitted a new file again. Hope this time to get log records. Yes, I see #10 is pending. Does it show as Running to you? Please post here again when it runs.
Hi All, I have strange issue on the job status queue. I submitted a caffe example container with preprocessing example as given in the submitting file section of the challenge synapse page. The job status was displayed as running. After a day, I did not receive any log or termination or completion email. Also the job submitted is not enlisted in the queue any more. The queue is empty. However, I have submitted a new file again. Hope this time to get log records.
i see. so the reason that there is no response for a long time is because everyone is queued? even for killing a job? would be useful to open a global status of the queue, and what are available. otherwise, if there is one person that submit something takes for ever, let's say, some kind of pre-processing of all images, running for 7 days, then all of us will need to wait for 7 days. then it would be nice to know that we have to wait for 7 days. also, my previously working docker no longer work anymore, saying it cannot locate memory or gpu i cannot remember, is it because some others or myself's jobs are running, not properly killed?
> I have not yet received any information through email or log file is visible. Please let me know how to look for the log files after submitting the docker to the server. ... > I have received the email and the details of the log files after 6hrs. At the time of this question your submission was enqueued. Once it started running you were notified by email along with a link to follow to get your log files. > I am not yet able to see the job queue or the waiting time. Your pending or running submission is shown near the bottom of this page: https://www.synapse.org/#!Synapse:syn4224222/wiki/401759
I have received the email and the details of the log files after 6hrs. I am not yet able to see the job queue or the waiting time. Thank you Chetak
I have the same problem.

No email received after submiting the model in the synapse project page is loading…