Hi there, I am trying to infer the severity of Parkinson's disease from the questionnaires in the mPower dataset (subsection of MDS-UPDRS and PDQ-8). As not all of the questions in MDS-UPDRS are included in this study, I have no idea how we can infer the severity of Parkinson's from the selected questions in the questionnaire. I know that in a full MDS-UPDRS the answers of all questions are summed up and then categorized to mild, medium, severe,etc. I will be thankful if anyone send me a reference clarifying that or probably a defendable way for determining the severity using the available questions and answers.

Created by saeed mehrang saeed_m
Hi @Erika and @saeed_m, summing responses to the MDS-UPDRS questions should give an approximation to the disease state specific to motor symptoms. As mentioned in the documentation here: https://www.synapse.org/#!Synapse:syn4993293/wiki/247861, "Due to the length of the MDS-UPDRS instrument, we included only a subset of questions taken from the patient questionnaire focusing largely on the motor symptoms of PD." Hope this helps.
@erika No, unfortunately no one has answered that question!
Dear @saeed_m , I am also interested in this question. Did you find out the answer?

The disease severity from the questionnaires page is loading…