If you are having trouble gaining access to the challenge data, ensure that you have: 1) registered for the challenge 2) entered your Synapse username in the [Data Access form](https://forms%2Egle/7cE3Es533usJ4iJq7) correctly 3) provided a valid email in your Synapse profile (the team invitation will be sent to this registered email) Your email provider may have also marked the email invitation as spam, so we recommend checking your Spam folder as well. If you are still having trouble, let us know below!

Created by Verena Chung vchung
hey. i still didnt get the email to access data.
Hi @vchung I didn't get an invite to my email after I filled the form. Can you please help? Thanks
Hello, I requested the data access but I didn't get the email you're supposed to receive after 15 min. Can you help me? Thanks
@Danish_ali , The BraTS 2021 dataset is now part of the BraTS 2023 dataset under the [BraTS-GLI folder](syn51514105). As for your other data questions, they will be addressed by one of the BraTS challenge organizers.
@vchung, thanks for the information. I also want to get the Brats 2021 dataset but when i click on the registration form of Brats 2021 it displays that Brats 2021 is now part of Brats 2023. But i could not find anything related to Brats 2021 here. Also kindly let me know either in each new challenge previous challenge data is included or dataset in each new challenge is different from the previous one? Also guide me that what is the orientation of the 3D MRI images in Brats datset either it is axial, sagital or coronol?
@Danish_ali - Once you click on the "Join" button, you are automatically added to the team. Only after joining are you able to access and download the 2023 challenge data, accessible under the Files tab of the challenge website. The banner you mention is there to notify other users that one cannot directly request to join the team; it has to be with the Data Access form. Hope that helps!
Hi @vchung, I have completed all the steps and received the email to join the team once i click on join then i abled to join the team as my user name appears in the team member but data is not accessible still as i click on the join it redirectes me to member page and this dialogue appears "This team is closed to membership requests." Kindly guide how will i able to gest access to the data. Thanks
@Panchakshara - Apologies for the delayed response! If you are still experiencing issues gaining access, please let us know. @nafi007 - Once you click on the "Join" button, you are automatically added to the team. The banner you mention is there to notify other users that one cannot directly request to join the team; it has to be with the Data Access form.
Hi, I did all the steps as outlined but when I click "join" in the email that's sent out 10-15 mins after filling out the form I see the message "This team is closed to membership requests." . Also, do you provide the test set? (since I would like to compare the performance of my model with test scores of other models which have had papers published). If you don't provide a test set, does this portal still accept submissions to evaluate my model on the test set ? Thank you!
I have registered for the challenge and filled up the data access form using my username (Panchakshara). However, I still haven't received an email invitation. I request you to kindly look into the matter and make the data accessible to me.
@JiyaoLiu , Apologies for the delay! I just checked the logs and an invite was sent this morning (about 7 hours after your request). Let me know if you still did not receive the invite.
Dear, I have registered for the challenge, entered my username (JiyaoLiu) in the Data Access Google Form, as well as made sure the email on my profile is updated, but I still haven't gotten an email invitation to the Data Access Team. Please let me know if I'm missing anything else, thank you!
Hi @pilpel1 , I have confirmed that you are registered for the challenge and have joined the Data Access team, so yes, you should be able to access the challenge data - apologies for that! As a first step: when you go to the [Files tab](#!Synapse:syn51156910/files/), are you logged in as pilpel1?
To my best understanding I am registered, but I can't download. I just see key in the files folder
I received the invite and can access the data now. Thank you so much!
@ishitangupta, Apologies for that! I just checked the server and an invite should've been sent. Let me know if you did not receive one.
I have submitted a request to access the data by following the given steps but I haven't received an email for the invite. Please let me know if I need to take any additional steps. Thank you!
@zane.hartley , Thanks for reaching out! I checked the logs and an invite to join the BraTS Data Access team was sent on April 11th. Can you try checking your spam folder to see if the invitation was sent there?
Hi, I've followed the steps listed above and still don't seem to have the email to access the data, would you be able to give me access? Many thanks Zane
@Wafae_Labriji , Thank you for the notice! I checked the server and an invite should be sent shortly.
I requested the BraTS dataset but I did not receive the link to join the Data Access Team in 10-15 minutes. Can I get access to the data? Best regards, Wafae
@vchung Thanks for your reply. I have tried to submit the form again and made sure to enter the right Synapse Username(Philips_CTS) Xiuzheng
@Philips_CTS , Thank you for reaching out! I checked the logs and I don't see your Synapse username (Philips_CTS) among the list of responses. Can you try submitting the form again and ensure you enter "Philips_CTS" in the Synapse Username field?
Dear, @vchung I requested the BraTS dataset but I did not receive the link to join the Data Access Team in 10-15 minutes. How can I get access to the data? Kind regards, Xiuzheng
@kikashi , Thank you for the notice! An invite should be sent shortly.
I registerd and filled up the form on 20/3/2024 I didn't get the mail I also checked my spam folder my Synapseusername: kikashi I would appreciate it if you could l.ook into the matter
@Taurus , Apologies for the troubles. Did you click on the link in the invitation before joining the team? If so, that would explain the issue - you will need to join the Data Access team before you are able to download. Let us know if you continue to experience issues.
Hello, I filled Data Access form first and then tried to download the dataset, but then I got an email to register first and filled out the form again. I did the same but I still can't download the dataset. Please rectify the problem.
@a987042035 , Thank you for the notification! I checked the logs and I can see that an email was sent out yesterday, 27 Feb 2024. If you do not see the email in your inbox, try checking your spam folder. Otherwise, you can also join directly from the team page (after logging in). EDIT: typo fix
Dear vchung,@vchung I want to continue participating in the BraTS Continuous Evaluation,and register for the BraTS 2023 challenge.I have registered for the challenge, entered my username (georgemasto) in the Data Access Google Form, as well as made sure the email on my profile is updated, but I haven't gotten an email invitation to the Data Access Team. my Synapseusername:a987042035 I would appreciate it if you could help me. Thank you in advance! Kind regards, Wen Li
@vchung, Thank you for getting back so quickly. I was now able to join and access the data.
@suhas-synapse , Sorry for the inconvenience. According to the server logs, I do see that an invite was sent, but for some reason, this does not reflect on Synapse (which would explain why you are not able to join the team). That being said, it looks like another invite has been sent to your email. Can you try joining again?
Hi @vchung , Clicking the "join" button in my mail sends me to a page that says, "This team is closed to membership requests." Can I still access this dataset? The same message is visible on the team page as well.
@rodschermitg , Thanks for the notification - I checked the logs and an invite has been sent to your Synapse-registered email. Once you click on "Join" in the team invite, you will be able to access the challenge data. Let us know if you are still experiencing issues.
Hi @vchung, Is it still possible to access the BraTS 2023 dataset? I have already submitted the BraTS Data Access form, but haven't received any invitation email from Synapse yet. Kind regards, rodschermitg
Dear @vchung Is there any metadata of BraTS 2023? Because i have access to the data but i could not find them and on And does the data differ from BraTS 2021 and BraTS 2023? Thank you
@mojipan , Thank you for reaching out! Our server unfortunately encountered an error recently, but it should now online again. If you have not yet received a team invite, let me know.
Hi, I'm a grad student and want to explore medical imaging more, I have followed the above steps and haven't gotten an email invite yet, is it still possible to access the brats dataset? Thank you in advance!
Dear, Thank you for pulling together this dataset and moderating for the data access! I've finished the three steps mentioned above. I'm looking forward to receiving the invitation email to the dataset! Best, luo00042
@Singularity , Thanks for your interest! Looking at the logs, an invite to join the Data Access team was sent to your email on 1/22/2024; once you click on "Join" you will be able to access the challenge data. Let us know if you are still experiencing issues.
Dear, I have registered for the challenge, submitted the application and filled in the data access form as well. Can I still access the dataset? How long will it take to get access to the dataset? Thank you Singularity
@irlyngaas , I just checked the logs and your request was recently received. You should be receiving an email to join the BraTS Data Access team shortly.
Is the data still available for access? I also submitted an application and never received a reply
@YoungJun , An invite to join the BraTS Data Access team was sent to your email on 11-08-2023 at approximately 6:30 GMT. You will need to accept the invite before you can access the challenge data. If you do not see the invite in your inbox, try checking your spam folder, as some email providers sometimes mark Synapse-related emails as spam. Let me know if you are still experiencing issues gaining access.
Dear, I have registered for the challenge and filled in the data access form as well. How long will it take to get access to this dataset? Thank you
@Flyme , Thanks for reaching out. I recently checked the request logs and an invite has been sent to the email registered to your Synapse account. Let me know if you are still experiencing issues gaining access.
Can I still access the data now? I submitted an application but did not receive an email reply
Hello, I now have access to data. Thank you for your timely response.
@sanderboelders , Apologies for the inconvenience! If clicking the Join button doesn't work, you should be able to [join the team directly on the team page](https://www.synapse.org/#!Team:3466982) as well. Let me know if you are still experiencing issues joining the Data Access team.
Dear, I requested the BraTS dataset and received the link to join the Data Access Team. Clicking the link simply redirects me to the team it's page saying "This team is closed to membership requests." In my download queue it still says "Download Permission Required". How can I get access to the data? Kind regards, Sander
@JeroenBertels , Submission queues for evaluating segmentations are not available at this time. Once the challenge organizers have confirmed that evaluation can start again, we will post an announcement. Sorry for the wait!
@vchung Thank you for getting back to us so quickly! Great, I have access now :-) I just wanted to submit some results to the metastasis validation set (31 cases), but seems that the submissions are not open anymore. Any idea when you will open them again? :-) Jeroen
@sibisibi , @JeroenBertels - Thank you for reaching out! I checked the server and the invites to join the Data Access team should be going out shortly. Let me know if you still do not receive an email.
Dear organizers, Same for me: I followed all the steps yesterday and today again and still did not get an e-mail... Can someone please help us getting the data. Thank you in advance! Jeroen
@vchung Hi, I've completed all the required steps but still haven't received an email inviting me to join the Data Access Team. Please let me know if I'm missing anything else, thank you!
@shakil_1703007 , Thank you for reaching out! I checked the logs and I don't see your Synapse username (shakil_1703007) among the list of responses. Can you try submitting the form again and ensure you enter "shakil_1703007" in the Synapse Username field? Apologies for the inconvenience! EDIT: typo fix
Hi @vchung , I've completed all the required steps but still haven't received an email inviting me to join the Data Access Team. Please let me know if I'm missing anything else, thank you!
Thank you very much! @vchung I have successfully achieved the addimission for accessing the dataset.
@tktkiii , I just checked the logs and it looks like the invites were sent out this morning. Once you accept the email invite and join the team, you should be able to access the data! Let us know if you're still experiencing issues. @supro , You may be able to achieve faster downloading speeds by using the Synapse CLI: ```sh synapse get ``` The Synapse CLI can be installed alongside the Synapse Python Client with: ```sh pip install synapseclient ```
The data download process is extremely slow ~40KBps. Can we do anything about it to make it faster?
I have signed up for the challenge and entered all the required information, but still get an empty file when clicking on Access Data, have yet to get an email either. Is there another form that I still need to fill out? Thinks, Best wishes!
Thank you so much! @vchung I have successfully achieved the addimission for accessing the dataset.
@elio272526 , Thank you for reaching out! You do not need to fill out another form. That being said, can you try filling out the Data Access form again? I checked the logs and I don't see your Synapse username (elio272526) among the list of responses. Apologies for the inconvenience.
Dear @vchung I have signed up for the challenge and entered all the required information, but still get an empty file when clicking on Access Data, have yet to get an email either. Is there another form that I still need to fill out? Thank you I have signed up for the challenge and entered all the required information, but still get an empty file when clicking on Access Data, have yet to get an email either. Is there another form that I still need to fill out? Thank you Best wishes!
Thank you so much! @vchung I have achieved the addimission for accessing the dataset.
@david_191108 , Thank you for reaching out! I checked the logs and I don't see your Synapse username (david_191108) among the list of responses. Can you try submitting the form again? Apologies for the inconvenience.
@vchung I also have completed all the required steps but still haven't received an email inviting me to join the Data Access Team. Please let me know if I'm missing anything else, thank you!
@Ruizhi_Zhu -- Thank you for reaching out! I checked the server and the invites should be be sending out now. Let me know if you are still experiencing issues with receiving an invite.
Hi @vchung , I've completed all the required steps but still haven't received an email inviting me to join the Data Access Team. Please let me know if I'm missing anything else, thank you!
@georgemasto , @muszkowska -- Thank you for reaching out! Synapse undergoes a server maintenance every Sunday evening, which may have impacted the user validation process. I have since restarted the server and you both should have received invites to join the Data Access team. Let me know if you are still experiencing issues with receiving an invite.
Hi @vchung, I've completed all the required steps but still haven't received an email inviting me to join the Data Access Team. Could you let me know if I have to do something more? Best Regards
Hello @vchung, I have registered for the challenge, entered my username (georgemasto) in the Data Access Google Form, as well as made sure the email on my profile is updated, but I still haven't gotten an email invitation to the Data Access Team. Please let me know if I'm missing anything else, thank you!
Thank you so much @vchung! I've received an email from the Data Access Team and now have access to the dataset. Thank you!
@agussa , @benecia2sj -- You both are quick! The data access invites did not go live until this morning. Let us know if you still have not received an email to join the Data Access team.
Dear @vchung I have also signed up for the challenge and submitted the data access form, but haven't received an email yet. Would you please let me know if there is anything further I should do? Thank you so much. Best regards,
Dear @vchung I have signed up for the challenge and entered all the required information, but still get an empty file when clicking on Access Data, have yet to get an email either. Is there another form that I still need to fill out? Thank you Agus SA

?[Mega-thread] Data Access page is loading…