Could you please verify if the following labeling scheme is correct: Upon reviewing the dataset's data description page and associated paper, I found that there is a lack of detailed explanation regarding the 23 Meningioma dataset? so I would like to double-check if it is correct. Label 1: Necrotic parts of the tumor (NCR) Label 2: Peritumoral edematous/invaded tissue (ED) Label 3: Enhancing tumor (ET) Label 0: Everything else Additionally, I would like to confirm that Labels 1, 2, and 3 are used to evaluate the whole tumor (WT), while Labels 1 and 3 are combined to determine the tumor core (TC). Label 3 is specifically utilized to ascertain whether a tumor is enhancing (ET). thanks

Created by Minye Shao Vinyeh
Hi?Dominic Thank you for your very clear explanation.
Hi @Vinyeh Please refer to Figure 3 of the following arXiv paper: https://arxiv.org/pdf/2305.07642 Meningioma sub-compartments considered in the BraTS Pre-operative Meningioma Dataset. Image panels A-C denote the different tumor sub-compartments included in manual annotations; A: enhancing tumor (blue) visible on a T1-weighted post-contrast image; B: the non-enhancing tumor core (red) visible on a T1-weighted post-contrast image; C: the surrounding FLAIR hyperintensity (SNFH) (green) visible on a T2/FLAIR-weighted image; D: combined segmentations generating the final tumor sub-compartment labels provided in the BraTS Pre-operative Meningioma Dataset. Label 1 red is nonenhancing tumor. Label 2 green is surrounding FLAIR hyperintensity (SNFH). Label 3 blue is enhancing tumor. Label 0 is everything else. For evaluation purposes: Tumor core (TC) = red + blue Whole tumor (WT) = red + green + blue. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns and best of luck with training. -Dominic LaBella

Confirmation of Labeling System for BraTS 2023 Meningioma Challenge page is loading…