label 1 means ed, or label 2 means ed?

Created by enoch nofevid nofevid
Label 1 (1 = ET). Enhancing tumor (ET), described by areas with enhancement (brightness) on T1 post-contrast images as compared to T1 pre-contrast. In case of mild enhancement, checking the signal intensity of normal brain structure can be helpful. Label 2 (2 = NET). Nonenhancing tumor (NET), defined as any other abnormal signal intensity within the tumorous region that cannot be defined as enhancing or cystic. For example, the abnormal signal intensity on T1, T2-FLAIR, and T2 that is not enhancing on T1CE should be considered as nonenhancing portion. Label 3 (3 = CC). Cystic component (CC), typically appearing with hyperintense signal (very bright) on T2 and hy- pointense signal (dark) on T1CE. The cystic portion should be within the tumor, either centrally or peripherally (as compared to ED which is peritumoral). The brightness of CC is here defined as comparable or close to cerebrospinal fluid (CSF). Label 4 (4 = ED). Peritumoral edema (ED), defined by the abnormal hyperintense signal (very bright) on FLAIR scans. ED is finger-like spreading that preserves underlying brain structure and surrounds the tumor.
I mean there are only label 0,1,2,3 in file *_seg.nii.gz in the dataset. 0 is background, the rest are ET, NC and ED, but I don?t know how they correspond.
I'm not sure what you're looking at. Please provide more details, so, I can help. Also, for BraTS-PEDs 2024, new training data has been released.
But there are only three labels in segmentation image. 0 is background, and 1,2,3 are whole tumor.
Challenge guidelines: https://arxiv.org/pdf/2404.15009 (Page 3): Label 1. Enhancing tumor (ET), described by areas with enhancement (brightness) on T1 post-contrast images as compared to T1 pre-contrast. In case of mild enhancement, checking the signal intensity of normal brain structure can be helpful. Label 2. Nonenhancing tumor (NET), defined as any other abnormal signal intensity within the tumorous region that cannot be defined as enhancing or cystic. For example, the abnormal signal intensity on T1, T2-FLAIR, and T2 that is not enhancing on T1CE should be considered as nonenhancing portion. Label 3. Cystic component (CC), typically appearing with hyperintense signal (very bright) on T2 and hy- pointense signal (dark) on T1CE. The cystic portion should be within the tumor, either centrally or peripherally (as compared to ED which is peritumoral). The brightness of CC is here defined as comparable or close to cerebrospinal fluid (CSF). Label 4. Peritumoral edema (ED), defined by the abnormal hyperintense signal (very bright) on FLAIR scans. ED is finger-like spreading that preserves underlying brain structure and surrounds the tumor.

Task 5: What do labels in dataset mean? page is loading…