If you are having trouble gaining access to the challenge data, ensure that you have: 1. registered for the challenge - this step is required before submitting the form 2. entered your Synapse username in the Data Access form correctly 3. provided a valid email to your [Synapse account](https://www.synapse.org/#!Profile:v/settings) - the team invitation will be sent to this connected email address Your email provider may have also marked the email invitation as spam, so we recommend checking your Spam folder as well. If you are still having trouble, let us know below!

Created by Verena Chung vchung
Hello, @vchung. I downloaded the BraTS-GLI folder. I want to know the provider of the data file ID. Is there a mapping file that links the data file ID with the provider?
I just checked again, and now the registration link is back. Signed up! :)
Hi @vchung, I'm trying to gain access to the 2024 data but I am unable to find the registration link. I did complete the data access form. Could you perhaps share the link? Kind regards, Ivar
@vchung, The later link did the work. Thank you so much for bearing with me.
@AbuBakar_Siddik , The link to the Data Access form is provided on the [instructions page](https://www.synapse.org/Synapse:syn53708249/wiki/627759) under Step 2; here is it again for your convenience: https://forms.gle/zxf13LURvi9ukUZKA Hope this helps!
@vchung, I'm not receiving the data access form in my mail from Synapse. I've checked my notifications settings as suggested in the Data Access/Download section. I checked my inboxes along with all other folders too. That's why I can't submit the response. What can I do that'd help?
@AbuBakar_Siddik , Thanks for reaching out! I checked the logs and unfortunately, could not find your Synapse username (AbuBakar_Siddik) among the list of responses. Can you try submitting the form again and ensure you enter "AbuBakar_Siddik" into the Synapse Username field?
Hi @vchung! I've contacted you earlier by email. I followed the instructions. But I haven't received the mail with the data access form in my spam folder or main folder. Can you please have a look at it?
Hi, I am having issues with having access to the BraTS 2024. I have registered already and filled the form but no response yet.
Hi I just did it again. I hope it works. Thank you so much Best Elif
@elifkeles , Thank you for reaching out! I checked the logs and I don't see your Synapse username (elifkeles) among the list of responses. Can you try submitting the form again and ensure you enter "elifkeles" in the Synapse Username field?
@vchung Hi I registered for the challenge but I still receive an email stating error. Could you please help us? Thank you so much
Perfect! This fixed the issue. Many Thanks.
It usually happens when your cart is empty. You need to add files to your cart first in order to download them through api.
Hi, Error: ``` python3 get_data_from_synapse.py Welcome, Soumya Kundu! Traceback (most recent call last): File "/home/soumya/brain_foundation/get_data_from_synapse.py", line 8, in dl_list_file_entities = syn.get_download_list(downloadLocation='./train') ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ File "/home/soumya/miniconda3/lib/python3.12/site-packages/synapseclient/client.py", line 2451, in get_download_list dl_list_path = self.get_download_list_manifest() ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ File "/home/soumya/miniconda3/lib/python3.12/site-packages/synapseclient/client.py", line 2423, in get_download_list_manifest manifest = self._generate_manifest_from_download_list() ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ File "/home/soumya/miniconda3/lib/python3.12/site-packages/synapseclient/client.py", line 2413, in _generate_manifest_from_download_list return self._waitForAsync( ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ File "/home/soumya/miniconda3/lib/python3.12/site-packages/synapseclient/client.py", line 5015, in _waitForAsync result = self.restGET( ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ File "/home/soumya/miniconda3/lib/python3.12/site-packages/synapseclient/client.py", line 6146, in restGET response = self._rest_call( ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ File "/home/soumya/miniconda3/lib/python3.12/site-packages/synapseclient/client.py", line 6121, in _rest_call self._handle_synapse_http_error(response) File "/home/soumya/miniconda3/lib/python3.12/site-packages/synapseclient/client.py", line 5981, in _handle_synapse_http_error exceptions._raise_for_status(response, verbose=self.debug) File "/home/soumya/miniconda3/lib/python3.12/site-packages/synapseclient/core/exceptions.py", line 181, in _raise_for_status raise SynapseHTTPError(message, response=response) synapseclient.core.exceptions.SynapseHTTPError: 400 Client Error: No files available for download. ``` My code: ``` import synapseclient token = "" syn = synapseclient.Synapse() syn.login(authToken=token) dl_list_file_entities = syn.get_download_list(downloadLocation='./train') ``` Is anyone facing the same issue? If so, how do I go about solving it? Thanks :)
@etasnadi , Ah, thanks for letting me know! Please feel free to reach out again if you experience any further issues.
Dear @vchung, Thanks for your assistance! It turned out, that the issue is likely on my side (network connection or storage issues). I did not expect that because I could download the validation dataset successfully. I tried to download the dataset using a different computer and network connection and it worked perfectly. (The hash codes now match.)
@etasnadi , Apologies for the troubles. I'm not too sure why you are receiving a md5 mismatch error with the training data but not with validation. Is the validation dataset also in the download cart? Or do you add and download them individually? This can help the Python client team pinpoint the underlying issue. In the meantime, can you try downloading the training data using the synapse CLI? This comes bundled with the synapseclient. The command to use is: ```text synapse get syn60086071 [--downloadLocation .] ``` In order to provide your Synapse credentials to synapseclient, you will also need to create a `.synapseConfig` file in your home directory and enter the following: ```text [authentication] authtoken = "YOUR PAT" ``` where `authtoken` is your Synapse Personal Access Token (PAT). Hope this helps!
**Edit: it seems it is a network/storage issue as I could successfully download using a different node and network.** Dear All, I am unable to download the training data using the Python client because I get an md5 error. I could download the validation data without issues. My script is the following: ``` import synapseclient token = "" syn = synapseclient.Synapse() syn.login(authToken=token) dl_list_file_entities = syn.get_download_list(downloadLocation='./train') ``` My stdout: ``` [stripped] Downloading [####################]100.00% 34.9GB/34.9GB (44.7MB/s) BraTS2024-BraTS-GLI-TrainingData.zip.synapse_download_143397620 Done... [ERROR] Unable to download file Traceback (most recent call last): File "synapsePythonClient/synapseclient/client.py", line 2468, in get_download_list entity = self.get(row["ID"], downloadLocation=downloadLocation) File "synapsePythonClient/synapseclient/client.py", line 1375, in get return_data = self._getWithEntityBundle( File "synapsePythonClient/synapseclient/client.py", line 1562, in _getWithEntityBundle self._download_file_entity( File "synapsePythonClient/synapseclient/client.py", line 1684, in _download_file_entity downloadPath = self._downloadFileHandle( File "synapsePythonClient/synapseclient/client.py", line 3282, in _downloadFileHandle downloaded_path = self._download_from_url_multi_threaded( File "synapsePythonClient/synapseclient/client.py", line 3367, in _download_from_url_multi_threaded raise SynapseMd5MismatchError( synapseclient.core.exceptions.SynapseMd5MismatchError: Downloaded file train/BraTS2024-BraTS-GLI-TrainingData.zip.synapse_download_143397620's md5 bef6fa34d9851560449716224483331 8 does not match expected MD5 of 1d910b17d6cd32e38aa6296b8dfb7c77 [WARNING] A manifest was created, but no files were downloaded ``` Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks, Ervin Tasnadi
This time I made ensure my username "sun3" is in the Synapse Username field. Thanks!
@sun3 , Thank you for reaching out! I checked the logs and I don't see your Synapse username (sun3) among the list of responses. Can you try submitting the form again and ensure you enter "sun3" in the Synapse Username field?
Hello @vchung I have followed all the steps required to access the data, but I still didn't get an invitation email. It is also not in my spam. Would you please help! thanks!
@BrainMed , Apologies for the delay! I restarted the server and invites should be sent out shortly. Let us know if you continue to experience issues with receiving an invite.
Hello, @vchung i have followed all the steps required to access the data, but I still didn't get an invitation email. I have double checked everything, I am registered,I filled the forms and I gave the correct Synapse username. I waited around two to three hours before repeating the process again making sure that it isn't due to some error on my side. Could you please look into this issue. Thank you!
@wendywangwwt , When you click on the "Join" button, you are taken to the team page, whereupon you are automatically added to the team. The banner you mention is there to notify outside users that one cannot directly request to join the team; it has to be with the Data Access form. Apologies for the confusion.
Hi @vchung , The teams page says requests closed. Is there still a way to access the data? Thank you!
@culrich , Thank you for the feedback and suggestion. A table of challenges and their challenge data is now available on the [Data Access/Download page.](https://www.synapse.org/Synapse:syn53708249/wiki/627759)
Hi, I lost track of what data should/can be used for which challenge. Could you maybe add pointers to the corresponding datasets for each challenge? Thank you!
@juexinzhang - Thank you for the notice! To be clear, joining the BraTS 2024 Data Access team will grant you access to _all_ BraTS 2024 datasets. The last question in the form is for survey purposes only.
Hi @vchung, Option for Task 10 is missing from the data request form. These is only options for Task 1-9. ![no option for task 10](https://ibb.co/Wz7DQgT)
Hi @vchung , I have fill request access data to download BRATS-GLI. But still can't download it yet ? Maybe any other step to be done ? Thanks
Hi @astaraki, > I noticed the "t1c" volume from "BraTS-PED-00255-000" in the pediatric dataset is a broken file. > Do you know how to deal with that? Should we ignore it or it would be replaced? Thanks for reaching out. Could you please repost this question to [this thread](https://www.synapse.org/#!Synapse:syn53708249/discussion/threadId=11120) or start a new thread?
Hi @jakesh @Lakshmi , The training data for `BraTS-SSA` and `BraTS-GLI` are not yet available. We'll keep you updated once they become available. Thank you
@vchung @rchai I noticed the "t1c" volume from "BraTS-PED-00255-000" in the pediatric dataset is a broken file. Do you know how to deal with that? Should we ignore it or it would be replaced? Thanks in advance,
Hi @rchai @vchung May I please know the status of the BraTS-GLI dataset? If I'm not wrong, that is for the "BraTS Adult Glioma Post Treatment Challenge" right?
Hi, may i know the status about BraTS-SSA data? Is it released or not because I'm unable to access them.
We are excited to announce that the training data sets below are now available for download! Feel free to let us know if you have any questions. - [MICCAI-BraTS2024-MET-Challenge-TrainingData_1.zip](https://www.synapse.org/#!Synapse:syn59407686) - [MICCAI-BraTS2024-MET-Challenge-TrainingData_2.zip](https://www.synapse.org/#!Synapse:syn59860022) - [BraTS2024-PED-Challenge-TrainingData.zip](https://www.synapse.org/#!Synapse:syn58894928) - [BraTS2024-Path-Challenge-TrainingData.zip](https://www.synapse.org/#!Synapse:syn59808537) cc @mccleve @johnzielke @ladaza10 @Jokichi @Mutyyba @david_191108 @aasandino
Hello @vchung, I am trying to download BraTS-PATH following the provided instructions. I attempted to use the Programmatic Options with Python scripts, but I can't download the files. Do you know why I cannot see the histopathology data?
@vchung I am having difficulty downloading the challenge data. There are 0 items in the download section
@vchung I registered yesterday and filled out the Data Access form but have still not received the invitation to the Data Access team. I was previously able to go through this process for Brats2023.
@Mutyyba , Training data is not yet available, hence why there are no files yet. An announcement will be made once they are released. Thank you in advance for your patience!
@vchung Thank you for sending an invite. Kindly inform about the status of Data as there are 0 items in the download section, However on the main page the date for training data availability is said about mid may.
Form?????????????????????
Synapse??????Jokichi??????????????????
Thank you both for reaching out! -- @Jokichi , I checked the logs and was not able to find your username ("Jokichi") among the list of responses. Can you try submitting the form again, ensuring that you enter "Jokichi" in the **Synapse Username** field? @Mutyyba , I just checked the logs and an invite should be sent shortly.
i am having difficulty in downloading data and even haven't received the mail in my spam folder or main folder.
????? ???????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????
@ladaza10 , Training data is not yet available, hence why there are no files yet. An announcement will be made once they are released. Thank you in advance for your patience!
Hi, @vchung I am still having difficulties downloading the challenge data. I already appear in the "BraTS 2024 Data Access Team" and the "BraTS 2024 Participants" teams, but when I enter the files tab it still shows me 0 items in all the folders. Could you please help me to get access to the data? Thank you!
@johnzielke , Apologies for the delay! I just checked the server and invites should be sent shortly (if it hasn't been sent yet).
Hello @vchung, I registered yesterday and filled out the Data Access form but have still not received the invitation to the Data Access team. I was previously able to go through this process for Brats2023, so I don't think the email would have been put in the spam folder. Should I try submitting the form again?
@mccleve , Training data is not yet available, hence why there are no files yet. An announcement will be made once they are released. Thank you in advance for your patience!
Hello, @vchung. I am having difficulty downloading the challenge data. In the Files tab, I see the directories for each of the challenges but each seem to contain 0 items. Assuming the data is in a similar format to the 2023 competition, I was expecting a .zip file to be present with the training data for each respective challenge. In synapse, I appear to be in the "BraTS 2024 Data Access Team" and the "BraTS 2024 Participants" teams, so I do not believe this is due to access permissions. Do you have any insight into why I cannot see the data?

[Mega-thread] Data Access page is loading…