Hi, So I have given access to the data by the owner but when I try to download it gives me this error. WARNING: You have READ permission on this file entity but not DOWNLOAD permission. The file has NOT been downloaded. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have talked to the owner he said that he gave me permission but I am still having this issue. The data I am trying to download is "syn52369482" What should I do? Thanks, Shm

Created by Sheema Sameen sheema
Yes, I am using syn.login for my login details. So, I have figured there is some issue with my python but If I use my command line then it is working. I have tried to upgrade python and all the dependencies are also up-to-date but it did not work. Anyways, I am happy I am able to do it finally. Thank you so much Bruce for all your help and prompt responses. Really appreciate that! Shm
In your Python script, after defining "syn", did you call "syn.login()"?
Thanks Bruce for your response. Yes, I did try this but still the same: >>> files = synapseutils.syncFromSynapse(syn, 'syn52369485', path="./") [WARNING] !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WARNING: You have READ permission on this file entity but not DOWNLOAD permission. The file has NOT been downloaded. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is there any other way to do that? Regards, Shm
Can you try 'syncFromSynapse' but using file syn52369485 rather than for folder syn52369482 ? (The reason I ask is because I am wondering if the problem occurs for some file nested in the folder, and not for every file in the folder.)
Thanks Bruce, I am able to download this way but not when is use these commands on python: import synapseclient import synapseutils syn = synapseclient.Synapse() syn.login("your username on synapse.org","your password on synapse.org") files = synapseutils.syncFromSynapse(syn, 'syn52369482', path="./") Please help me figure out possible problems. Regards, Shm
> I tried with syn52369485 as you suggested Downloading as shown below works for me. Does it work for you? ${imageLink?synapseId=syn52972312&align=None&scale=100&responsive=true&altText=}
Thanks Bruce for your response, I tried with syn52369485 as you suggested but still getting same warning: [WARNING] !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WARNING: You have READ permission on this file entity but not DOWNLOAD permission. The file has NOT been downloaded. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is there anything else I need to try? Shm
"syn52369482" is a folder. Here is one of the files inside the folder: https://www.synapse.org/#!Synapse:syn52369485 Can you download this file?

Don't have permission to download page is loading…