Hi, is there a way to identify all the libraries obtained from the same individual.id or sample.id using any of the client? Thank you

Created by Eugenio Mattei emattei
Hi @emattei. Some of the metadata is present as file annotations available through the client. Here is the complete annotation dictionary used for the PsycENCODE studies syn5605845. Sample ID is not one of the current annotations, but will be added in an upcoming annotation update
There is no function in the client that would automatically pick out library columns, especially if you're working among sheets with different column names. But you can use the API to read syn5691351 into a data structure. You can then extract the columns you want, create a table of unique rows, and analyze accordingly. If you're working with a small number of CSV files, this should be very manageable.
For example the study 'EpiMap' (syn4566010) has two files with metadata information about the samples (syn5691351,syn5691350). Are those metadata annotation available through the client? Probably not like Laura said...
https://www.synapse.org/#!Synapse:syn5637528/discussion/threadId=1236&replyId=8989 I am guessing it's merged CMC metadata because that's the only file that aggregates libraries obtained from different brain regions from a single individual (and it uses the IDs Eugenio provided).
Not using the client to the best of my knowledge. You could do this with Unix commands by cutting the appropriate columns and using uniq on the resulting sub-table. -------------------------- I am not sure offhand exactly which columns you want to cut, but you can find these, and their indices, using excel/grep: 1. Copy the metadata header into excel and transpose. Add a second column with an index value and export sheet to text file, textfile.txt 2. grep Library textfile.txt [You could use whatever keyword or sequences of key words you want]
Hello, Can you provide a synapse ID of the file(s) you are interested in? If this pertains to a specific project, consider asking the question in the project-specific discussion forum. Let us know which project you're getting data from and I can further assist.

Matching samples page is loading…