It would be really helpful if there could be a custom pop-up or message sent to users when they try and access restricted use files that they are not granted to access to. Currently an email is sent to the admin/owner of the file indicating that someone tried to access or is requesting access to the restricted use file. It is therefore the admin/owners responsibility to explain why access is not available each time this happens, which can create extra work and isn't very streamlined. Thanks!

Created by Mariet Allen mxa24
Thanks Mariet, this is clearly an issue that impacts both entities we at Sage manage and user content. The is a Jira request open for a similar request. I have added your comment to it: https://sagebionetworks.jira.com/browse/PLFM-3916
Great suggestion Mariet. It would be nice to be able to have a separate wiki message visible to people without download access for this purpose. In the meantime, perhaps you can automate responses in your mail client? I've set up automatic replies in my email to send a response to these requests automatically. It works well if you have a limited number of Synapse IDs to manage, though isn't a great solution when you have to manage a large number of files. @Meredith

Restricted access notification page is loading…