Hello, I am completely new to Synapse. Therefore, please forgive me for my silly questions. A project leader has sent me link to what I think is a Project or a Data Code: syn2580853/wiki/"a number". Every time I click on this - I receive a "prompt" which says - "Wiki not found. Loading root wiki instead." I would be very grateful if you could let me know if I need to be in some way authorised to use a specific "wiki". Thank you!

Created by Mirsada Causevic mirsada_causevic
I think you will need some more specificity! AMP-AD is complicated - because there are multiple data contributors, assays, etc that are not overlapping. You're better off asking this question specifically in the AMP-AD Discussion forum, as someone from that group can help you better:   https://www.synapse.org/#!Synapse:syn2580853/discussion/
Hello, I am looking for the somascan assay measurements carried out on human plasma (or serum) samples - samples obtained from Alzheimer's disease patients, cognitively normal subjects and, perhaps, also subjects with mild cognitive impairment (MCI). Do I need to be very specific about the measurements that I am looking for? Thank you very much for your help!
Hi @mirsada_causevic - Can you let me know what you are trying to find in the AMP-AD portal? I may be able to tell you the new location of the information you're searching for.
Dear Meredith, Thank you so much for a prompt reply! I have been sent the following link by Professor Simon Lovestone https://www.synapse.org/#!Synapse:syn2580853/wiki/160651. It is a link to data obtained through one of his and his collaborators' projects (AddNeuroMed). Instead of the wiki 160651 - I am being redirected to a wiki 409840, like you have been. So, I am a little bit confused. Professor Lovestone has informed me that there should be no authorisation required for accessing this data. I would be very grateful if you could let me know (if you can) whether the wiki 160651 has been deleted and I should really search the wiki 409840. Thank you! Best wishes, Mirsada
Hello @mirsada_causevic and welcome to Synapse! #####Projects and Wikis Projects within Synapse can have wiki pages attached to them, and those wiki pages can have sub-pages (to create a kind of navigation system). For example, that project (syn2580853) has a wiki located here: https://www.synapse.org/#!Synapse:syn2580853/wiki/409840 - the first number is the "synID" of the project itself, and the second number, after the /wiki/ part of the URL, is the ID of the wiki page itself, so you can tell that the wiki exists within a particular project. Sometimes, wiki pages get deleted and the content gets removed or added to a different wiki page - in this case, the system will let you know it cannot find that particular piece of content, and will "helpfully" try to redirect you somewhere useful, e.g. the "root wiki" (the main, top-level wiki page) for the project that the missing wiki was located in. Does that make sense? #####Next Steps So in this case, it looks like someone either moved or removed this content, and you may need to reach out to whomever sent you that link to see where it ended up. If you have the specific URL/wiki number in question and want help triaging this more directly, let me know! If the content has not moved, it may also be a permissions issue (e.g. make sure you are signed in and have access to the project in question) or maybe even a bug, in which case we'll want more details so we can fix it. :) Let me know, and thanks! ######Best, Meredith

Access to a Wiki page is loading…