I am trying to download data from epitope-antibody recognition challenge data I get the following error syn=synapseclient.Synapse() files=synapseutils.syncFromSynapse(syn, 'syn2820437') The synapse id syn2820437 is not a container (Project/Folder), attempting to get the entity anyways--------------------------------------------------------------------------- ValueError Traceback (most recent call last) in () ----> 1 files=synapseutils.syncFromSynapse(syn,'syn2820437') /usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/synapseutils/sync.py in syncFromSynapse(syn, entity, path, ifcollision, allFiles, followLink) 95 allFiles.append(ent) 96 else: ---> 97 raise ValueError("The provided id: %s is was neither a container nor a File" % id) 98 99 if path is not None: #If path is None files are stored in cache. ValueError: The provided id: syn2820437 is was neither a container nor a File please help

Created by ml_2018
thanks for the prompt reply, @thomas.yu and @kdaily. It is a shame.
Dear Bulat, Apologies for the inconvenience, but if you did not participate or register for the challenge, you can no longer gain access to the data. The error message that you get is a bug and I will file it. best, Tom
@thomas.yu is the data for the AstraZeneca-Sanger Drug Combination Prediction DREAM Challenge (syn4231880) still available?
Hi, I have a similar problem, but for a different DREAM challenge: ``` synapse get -r syn4923176 # after putting username and password I get the following response: The synapse id syn4923176 is not a container (Project/Folder), attempting to get the entity anyways ValueError: The provided id: syn4923176 is was neither a container nor a File ``` `synapse --version:` Synapse Client 1.7.5 `uname -a:` Linux localhost.localdomain 3.10.0-693.17.1.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Jan 25 20:13:58 UTC 2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux trying to dl using python client gives me the same error. Any help on getting the data from this challenge is appreciated! Bulat edit: looking at the web page I get this: _Note: To access the data, you MUST be registered to the challenge._= Since the challenge is closed does it mean I cannot register for it and, hence, cannot get the data anymore?
Thanks @Meredith and @Kenneth for your assistance I will be awaiting the reply from the follow up Best Edwin
Thanks for identifying this bug! Indeed - looking at the code, it checks to see if "children" are found to determine if this is a Folder. So, this folder is empty, hence the error. I've filed a bug report for this:   https://sagebionetworks.jira.com/browse/SYNPY-642   I'm not sure who was in charge of this DREAM challenge. However, I do know (looking at www.dreamchallenges.org) that this challenge was from 2010, and only added to Synapse in 2014. We'll have to follow up with some other individuals here to see if this data still exists!
Hi there! When I visit the synID https://www.synapse.org/#!Synapse:syn2820437 on the web, it looks like it's an empty folder. So while the error is perhaps not correct (it IS a container), it's not able to download anything because there appears to be nothing there. Is it possible that the data has been moved elsewhere? Best, Meredith

unable to download closed challenge data page is loading…