I have developed several shiny apps (currently running on a local shiny server) that I would like to embed in synapse. I've seen some projects that have shiny apps embedded, so I know it's possible. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Created by Tanya Grancharova tanyag
@apaguirigan happy to help with doing summary stats - we have an R 'package' that does basically what you're asking for (https://github.com/Sage-Bionetworks/CSBCPSONPortal/ - soon to be renamed to something more generic). You **can** do summary stats with File Views by themselves, but you're right it's difficult to then link them to the files that the summary represents for batch download.
Same here. We can talk later, but basically the FileView we made doesn't do summary statistics about the entities in the project, thus we are shiny app'ing just to provide someone summary stats about how many entities fit the query and then download a manifest of all of the annotations of the entities they are interested in.
Thanks for looping me in, @kdaily -- I'd love to follow up with you, @tanyag, to learn more about what you're trying to do and see if we can figure out a solution. Feel free to contact me directly if you'd like to connect! I'm at meredith.slota@sagebase.org. Thanks!
Hi! Thanks for asking, that's a great question. Currently, we do not allow all users to embed Shiny applications in Synapse wiki pages (or any other external websites for that matter). We have a 'whitelist' of allowed domains that we can insert pages from into Wikis, but these are only available to Sage Bionetworks staff to provide content that we're building for the consortia that we work with. So, the best you can do is to host your Shiny app externally (https://www.shinyapps.io, for example) and link to it from your Wiki page. There are significant security risks for allowing users to embed any other page inside of a Wiki, so we reserve this feature for reviewed applications written by our staff and hosted on our own hardware. In order for us to provide this kind of service, we would need to be running a Shiny Server similar to shinyapps.io, RStudio Connect, or the new RStudio Cloud.   However, this is something that others have asked for in the past! I'm looping in our Synapse product manager, @Meredith to help track requests for this kind of feature. Also, if there are improvements to what our Wikis are capable of that would help you do what you'd like, let us know!

shiny apps in synapse page is loading…