We use a the wiki feature. Is there a way to search within my wiki? The search box doesn't find a unique character string even on the current page. Thank you

Created by Holly Beale hbeale_ucsc
Hi @hbeale_ucsc -- I think I understand. So, no, it's not because the wiki is private. Our search page respects your permissions so if you are logged in, it'll return things you can see even if they are not fully public, but if you are logged out it will only search public content. However, for string matching, it only searches (so far) the complete string, so if the unique phrase "470_TBR" is inside another phrase (e.g. a file named "filename-of-something-470_TBR.csv" or "sentence in which I mention the file filename-of-something-470_TBR.csv") then the search index won't pick it up because we don't do partial matches. The issue with searching for last name is potentially different. If it ONLY exists as part of your user profile, you'll need to use our 'people search' functionality, which isn't yet merged with our 'project/file/etc. search' functionality. If your last name exists as string content in a wiki, it SHOULD be picked up and indexed. Does this help?
Oh, our wiki is private and requires a login. Is that why it wouldn't show up, even in search by someone logged in?
Thanks, Meredith! It was last modified in Oct 2017. The character string is "470_TBR". It's in the context of a path, so maybe that gives the search problems? However, even if I search for my last name, I get no hits even though I can see the page it's on.
Hi @hbeale_ucsc -- unfortunately, there's no project-specific search functionality yet (e.g. to search within a particular project). However, global search from the main search page does fully index wiki page content so unique content in your wiki should turn up w/ links to the proper page. There's sometimes a bit of an indexing delay, however, but results should show up after not TOO long. :) Can I ask how long ago you published this unique character string? I wonder if we might have a larger delay than usual with our indexing. Thanks!

Search within wiki page is loading…