Hi all! When I try to install the python client with python 3.7, it throws an error and fails to install. Are there plans to make it compatible with 3.7 soon or do you advise that I use 3.6 instead for the time being? Error message: ``` Complete output from command python setup.py egg_info: The Synapse Client for Python requires Python 2.7 or 3.5 or 3.6. Your Python appears to be version 3.7.1 ---------------------------------------- Command "python setup.py egg_info" failed with error code 255 in /private/var/folders/8n/t5kqmf0n3kn4k9hxklq50k_r0000gp/T/pip-install-lse28kqk/synapseclient/ ``` Thank you! :) Yooree

Created by Yooree Chae yooree
Hi @kimyenAdmin , We're planning on using Python 3.6 since other packages might not be usable with 3.7 quite yet. Thank you for the quick response and it's good to know we can switch over to 3.7 soon if we need to!
Hi Yooree, The Synapse Python client version 1.9.1 is estimated to released in January 2019. Please let us know if you have a hard deadline, and need this before the planned released time line. I am tagging our product manager, @Meredith, since we are talking about priority here.
The current base Jupyter Notebook image in Docker (https://hub.docker.com/r/jupyter/base-notebook/) uses 3.7 -- not sure how easy it is to downgrade it to 3.6. Is there an estimated timeline for the fix? Thanks Tom!
Hi Yooree! This is a known issue and a Jira ticket has already been filed about the support for 3.7 hence the error message from the synapseclient installation. How essential is this for you? Tom

Python synapseclient: installation fails with Python 3.7 page is loading…